So long to the Fold...

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It might, but I had insurance and bit the bullet. Took it to ubreakifix and they of course almost rebuilt the phone to swap out the screen. About only thing reused is camera and mother board. Get new frame, battery and hinge. Ubreakifix told me it was a new style hinge. Not sure about that but it does feel like a new phone. Only thing is I brought it home and digitizer for spen had some bad areas in it. (Finger touch on diagnostic test was perfect but spen touch missing several areas on left side only) took it back next day and they confirmed that new screen was bad. They overnighted another screen and this one is perfect. I get a year warranty with the screen with ubreakifix. Looks like they wound up replacing the outer screen as well. First time they swapped the inner screen the outer screen looked like my outer screen. This time the outer screen looks new and they had a factory screen protector on? Maybe they messed up the outer screen the second time swapping the inner screen?

This guy is so good swapping the inner screen that the phone looks like it just came from the factory. Even had all the plastic covering everything. Couldn't be happier.
Wow that's an awesome outcome (y) congratulations! You should be good to go for the next few years if you choose to keep it... or could sell in like new condition ;)

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's an awesome outcome (y) congratulations! You should be good to go for the next few years if you choose to keep it... or could sell in like new condition ;)
Not sure what I will do yet. It's like brand new. Samsung temps me with their sale on the 23 ultra but with all the mess going on with trade in not sure I want to mess with it. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be so the big screen does come in handy. But for now happy where I am at with it. Also just brought a rinke clear case that used to sell for $49 on Amazon. Just picked it up for $15.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, outlook has changed. As mentioned earlier the second inner screen worked perfectly and everything looked good. UbreakIfix did a good job both times on the inner screen (first one digitizer for spen didn't work) They reordered the inner screen and put it on and it looked great and worked great. PROBLEM on both inner screen protectors. After about a week on the first one and on the second one the INNER screen PROTECTOR lifted off in the middle. Both times UbreakIfix said that IF i take the screen protector off they wouldn't warranty the inner screen they fixed. Good thing I called the first time and didn't take it off because that screen protector only lasted a few days. I thought, ok since they are replacing the inner screen the second time I would leave it on. BUT, after the second screen protector lifted just 7 days after the last inner screen was replaced I decided to give up on the Fold for now. Was it a fluke that both screen protectors lifted down the middle? I don't know but I decided to trade it in on the S23 Ultra. I took it back to the UbreakIfix today and had the third screen protector put on just so i can trade it in to Samsung. I hate to leave the FOLD series but I can't keep taking an 1 & 1/2 hour round trip every other week or so to UbreakIfix to have the screen protector replaced. IFthey would have keep the year long warranty with the screen protector taken off I would have kept it. But they wouldn't. Samsung had a sale on the S23 Ultra and they gave me more for the Fold 3 now than they were at the pre-order of the S23 Ultra.

I understand everyone not having problems with the Fold's and mine worked great for 18 months without a screen protector until the micro cracks started showing up. I guess I am just tired of messing with it and going back to a slab phone. Will have to start using my S7+ Tablet more now that the fold 3 will be leaving. Will keep watching the fold forums to see if they are progressing well. I will say that the UbreakIfix did say that they replace a lot of screen protectors on the fold and the flip. I appreciate everyones comments and help on this forum over the last year and a half. I guess I will be watching the S23 forum a little more now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12