So using Google Messages and Google Phone apps to send data usage

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: So using Google Messages and Google Phone apps?

Going by the comments at the bottom, it seems like common knowledge that this was the practice. my wife is still surprised when we talk about something like a particular shoe, then she'll see an ad for it in her Google feed or Facebook wall

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Not a problem for me. Google has always been very transparent about what it collects and how it uses it. Contrary to many assumptions, this data isn't "sold" to anyone, but is rather just used by Google to determine which ads (which Google controls, not 3rd party companies) to present to you elsewhere.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

Really not surprised. Kind of expected actually. I'm not worried.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

I assume Google knows everything about me. I have home hubs and home max and home minis. I have a chrome cast with Google tv , a pixel book and a pixel 6 pro.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Not a problem for me. Google has always been very transparent about what it collects and how it uses it. Contrary to many assumptions, this data isn't "sold" to anyone, but is rather just used by Google to determine which ads (which Google controls, not 3rd party companies) to present to you elsewhere.

What surprises me is that what my wife searches for on her hardwired pc using Microsoft edge... which is chromium based, shows up on my YouTube account on our Roku and Amazon Fire stick which are wireless. And it's only things I've asked her to search for. Which must mean our phones are hearing what I ask her to search for/and or chromium based edge is tracking and reporting the activities of all the devices on our secured home network. And this also happens from phones to her pc as well. So much for a "secured" home network lol.

Like most things anymore, I think it's just another illusion of security :eek: ;)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Is she searching using Bing on Edge?

I'm sorry I missed your post B, I've changed to a different schedule and haven't been on here too much lately :-\

I'm not sure if she's using bing or not... she's using the default search engine in edge, whatever that is. She also has her Kindle by her side with Alexa always listening.... if we had an iPhone with Siri listening it'd be like living in Grand Central Station.... privacy, what's that? lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelcrook