So Who Should Be Blamed for "Delays?" Not Verizon, IMHO

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
And the nexus has ALWAYS been talked about launching before the end of the year. What's your point?

But let me get this straight through , the date on that paper for the Droid 4 is rumor but the date on it for the gn is fact?

No. I said it was supposed to launch on the 9th. That says the 8th. That's why I said the validity of it is questionable.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's right, mentioning another phone means that someone is interested more in that device. Something you might want to understand about forums like this is that everyone's opinion isn't always going to match up with yours. Not everyone is foolish enough to believe that VZW is all bad, even in situations like this. Until you recognize that, you will probably have the issues you are displaying here where posters create threads that go against your opinion.

Oh that's right, mentioning another phone means that someone is interested more in that device. Something you might want to understand about forums like this is that everyone's opinion isn't always going to match up with yours. Not everyone is foolish enough to believe that VZW is all bad, even in situations like this. Until you recognize that, you will probably have the issues you are displaying here where posters create threads that go against your opinion.

You talk about being 'foolish' but you are solely blaming Google? I think that Verizon has screwed up this launch because they are focusing on launching a new device every week. I think that the software problem that people are talking about is most likely Google Wallet; Verizon had to release that press statement a few days back because they see the problems that this could escalate to. An anticompetitive lawsuit is not something they want right now and I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing something about it.

But I also blame Google for not standing up for its own flagship device. They should not make concessions to anyone. That probably what peeves me off the most. I hate apples control, but they have the right idea when they tell carriers what the device is going to be. I would say I have the same amount of love for all US carriers, which is to say I hate them all.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why should anyone believe Verizon after that press release from ealier in the week. If VZW wants their customers to respect them. If they want us to believe they're not delaying the phone because their network is experiencing problems or they're more interested in selling RAZRs how about not lying about Google Wallet.

Also, if Verizon cared about this phone they wouldn't have announced it in a end of day press release on a Friday. When Verizon did that horrible marketing move it was clear they didn't want to release the phone.

VZW doesn't care if they are "respected". So long as we pay our bills and they get $$$$$ they are happy.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I guess the average consumer doesn't understand the price of exclusivity rights, you don't pay that premium for a device you "want to fail."
Not saying it applies here, but buying an asset to deny it to competitors is a valid strategic move, even if you may have little productive use for it yourself.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Not saying it applies here, but buying an asset to deny it to competitors is a valid strategic move, even if you may have little productive use for it yourself.

I could see this as a true statement. I remember reading years ago that many beer commercials during high profile sporting events are bought and exercised simply to deny the competition from getting that air time.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Please close down this thread. Just another Verizon sympathizer trying to make an argument that Samsung doesn't want to make money and Google doesn't want people to have access to Google Wallet and that Verizon has been trying so hard to release a device that is plagued by so many problems.

I'm far from a Verizon sympathizer. I simply see Google pushing things before their business partners are ready. I'm sorry if my opinion conflicts with yours. But I'm sure you're mature enough to get over it.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I think that the software problem that people are talking about is most likely Google Wallet; Verizon had to release that press statement a few days back because they see the problems that this could escalate to. An anticompetitive lawsuit is not something they want right now and I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing something about it.

I would imagine that the Google Wallet thing isn't a new issue and would have been part of the initial negotiations for release. The only new thing about it is the public's awareness of it.

But I also blame Google for not standing up for its own flagship device. They should not make concessions to anyone. That probably what peeves me off the most. I hate apples control, but they have the right idea when they tell carriers what the device is going to be.

I agree with this totally. But business is business and when you have two giants working together, somebody has to give up something.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The reason I said to close it is because it was created to cause issues. The OP could have posted this in the waiting room, a new thread was not necessary.

I am perfectly capable of defending my disagreements and would never try to censor someone else's, which is what some of you are implying.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Very valid point, but I don't think it was ever at play with this Google Nexus release. In hindsight, it seems like the whole "exclusivity" angle was more marketing ploy, than anything really. Verizon eluded to that up when the sign up went live. If you base it on what Samsung tweeted about the situation, " No carrier had anything in place w/ Samsung outside of Verizon following othe unpacking in Hong Kong". That carrier trio that picked up the SG2 variants passed on it, entirely when Samsung was working on deals w/ the US carriers. Proof being that AT&T, verified this admitting they had no plans on carrying the GN whatsoever until days afterward when they saw so much interest in it. They took to Twitter to gauge their subscriber interest, which is why it hit the FCC recently. That interest is the only reason they'll carry it early next year.

On another note, anyone actually think there's any hope that this thread is going to solve anything, that has had little gains either way ? Both sides look silly barking at each other for close.to 2 mos. I'm not knocking it or anything but both sides on the topic are so stagnated at this point, it's not funny. No one can get any solid answers to any of this from behind closed doors cuz authentic verification is found in open doors. What I find interesting about this is the anti side, cites examples that don't support their argument all that well and they overlook many that would be supportive Whereas, the pro side, is so wrapped up in their stance and stubborn to notice that there were events that offer clear indicators that things aren't as cut and dry, as they think and they just flatout deny anything can be possible unless Big Redes CEO makes a statement about it. If yapping about who is/ are responsible for the "blame game", is your thing, carry on. I've gotta.go watch me some mma, hooray!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The reason I said to close it is because it was created to cause issues. The OP could have posted this in the waiting room, a new thread was not necessary.

I am perfectly capable of defending my disagreements and would never try to censor someone else's, which is what some of you are implying.

There have been repeated posts specifically to complain about Verizon. This one was posted to open a discussion about a more broad view of possible causes of what many of us perceive to be delays. I don't see that as being created to "cause issues" unless the definition of "issues" is what you believe to be
Just another Verizon sympathizer trying to make an argument that Samsung doesn't want to make money and Google doesn't want people to have access to Google Wallet and that Verizon has been trying so hard to release a device that is plagued by so many problems.

I'm not defending Verizon so much as I am trying to lay things out in a more rational, and possibly accurate, timeline of events and causes of the anxiety amongst us prospective buyers. But assuming I'm a Verizon sympathizer because I post a hypothesis that doesn't agree with yours and asking to shut down the thread simply belies your own personal prejudice. The implication is an easy one to make from that standpoint. And, to be quite honest, the only "issue" with the thread has been your complaint that the thread was created to cause issues. All I wanted to do was generate some intelligent, rational discussion about the whole picture; one in which there is not a preconceived notion that Verizon is simply out to deny us of what we want.

In the end, if you don't like the discussion topic, then you are free to move on and discuss other threads. No one is stopping you from that, are they? :confused:

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I think we would all really like to have this device available now. But I'm sure we would like to also havea great experience with it from the start. I'm sure VZW would like that as well so their customer service isn't slammed by users with issues. I would rather they get it right than rush something out that isn't ready for prime time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jephanie

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine that the Google Wallet thing isn't a new issue and would have been part of the initial negotiations for release. The only new thing about it is the public's awareness of it.

I agree with this totally. But business is business and when you have two giants working together, somebody has to give up something.

Three

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There have been repeated posts specifically to complain about Verizon. This one was posted to open a discussion about a more broad view of possible causes of what many of us perceive to be delays. I don't see that as being created to "cause issues" unless the definition of "issues" is what you believe to be

I'm not defending Verizon so much as I am trying to lay things out in a more rational, and possibly accurate, timeline of events and causes of the anxiety amongst us prospective buyers. But assuming I'm a Verizon sympathizer because I post a hypothesis that doesn't agree with yours and asking to shut down the thread simply belies your own personal prejudice. The implication is an easy one to make from that standpoint. And, to be quite honest, the only "issue" with the thread has been your complaint that the thread was created to cause issues. All I wanted to do was generate some intelligent, rational discussion about the whole picture; one in which there is not a preconceived notion that Verizon is simply out to deny us of what we want.

In the end, if you don't like the discussion topic, then you are free to move on and discuss other threads. No one is stopping you from that, are they? :confused:

You just admitted that you created this thread for the purpose of starting a debate. I personally feel that Verizon AND Google are to blame, but it is really annoying when people state that Verizon has done nothing wrong because they never 'announced' a date; this 'rational' argument is to blame Google because they 'pushed' the device on Verizon. I think it's a laughable argument (due to the fact that we've been hearing about this device being on Verizon for months, not just November, but back to the summer), but you have a right to convince others of your opinion.

I am not going to keep going back and forth. In the end, I do not really care who's to blame. I want MY device; not Google's, not Samsung's, and not Verizon's. Since Verizon has the device's in their stores right now, I would like to think that they will take my money really soon.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think we would all really like to have this device available now. But I'm sure we would like to also havea great experience with it from the start. I'm sure VZW would like that as well so their customer service isn't slammed by users with issues. I would rather they get it right than rush something out that isn't ready for prime time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

That never stopped them before( bionic, thunderbolt, etc) all had a ton of issues.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Faulty premise. You ignore the fact that the Galaxy Nexus has already been released in other countries.

This is Verizon's bad dealing. If there is a operational problem, it's most likely due to an incompatibility with some bloatware they want to include. That would be the most plausible explanation, considering the all the facts of this situation.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Judging by your comments, it seems to me that you are looking to have threads closed when you disagree with the topics.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh