Soak test for Jelly Bean

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm removal of those Motorola apps?

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/93191

Changes

Removed Applications: Social Location, MOTOACTV, MOTOPRINT, Alarm and Timer (replaced by Google Clock), Verizon Video on Demand

Removed Widgets: My Gallery, My MOTOCAST, My Music, Picture Slideshow, Social Location, Sticky Note, Weather & World Clock

MOTOCAST? 2.0: MOTOCAST is no longer integrated into MyMusic, Files, and Gallery, and is a stand alone app on the device. It has been enhanced with an easy to understand interface, faster speeds, higher performance and ability to support large content libraries. Will need to re-log into the app using your MOTOCAST ID to continue remote access.

My Gallery: The My Gallery app has been removed and replaced with a standard Google Gallery app for viewing photos and videos.

My Music: The My Music app has been removed and replaced with Google Play Music app. Specific setup information can be found in the Android PLAY store.

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Can you confirm that they don't appear in Settings > Apps > All (scroll all the way through to check)?

You're welcome. I just checked that: I didn't see any of them listed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jdtruong

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I received the update today and all of the MOTO apps listed in the release notes are still there.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I received the update today and all of the MOTO apps listed in the release notes are still there.

Well, that's odd. Wonder if due to a residual APK & whether they'd disappear after a reset?

EDIT: After a good bit of digging around it seems the specified apps are toast on some, but not all, the updated phones. Could it be that whether these apps were disabled or not could explain it? Also, to those who still have the Moto apps after upgrading, can they now be uninstalled?
Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

..arg. lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter