soft bricked

jeppuda

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Merry Christmas everyone. I was playing with my phone and tried to flash moar from stock rooted MK3. The MD5 was correct and everything seemed normal. During the flash, it got stuck on "updating apps" for over 20 min. I couldn't shut off the phone so did a battery pull (maybe a stupid decision). I was able to go into recovery but all my files were gone including my nandroid back up. I was researching how to fix this. I went to this website: Latest Firmwares | Samsung Updates and downloaded the latest sprint firmware. Went into Odin and tried to install the ROM like this video suggested : [READ DESCRIPTION!] UNBRICK/RESTORE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 [HOWTO] - YouTube .........unfortunately, it says "fail" in ODin for me instead of"pass". Does anyone have any suggestions? Could it be a bad download from the samsung firmware site. I let it download over night and it took like 6 hours. Does anyone have a link for the 4.1.2 firmware? thank you

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
You say you're on "stock, rooted MK3." Does that mean you accepted the OTA, or flashed the official MK3 update via Kies or from XDA, and then rooted? Or did you have a phone already rooted with 4.1.2, and you flashed only the pre-rooted 4.3 stock ROM (and not the stock 4.3 kernel)? There's a big difference between the two, and your chances of recovering.

What version of MOAR were you trying to install? If 7.01, did you choose option 1 or option 2 in the installer. What recovery do you have installed?

What version of Odin?

jeppuda

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
You say you're on "stock, rooted MK3." Does that mean you accepted the OTA, or flashed the official MK3 update via Kies or from XDA, and then rooted? Or did you have a phone already rooted with 4.1.2, and you flashed only the pre-rooted 4.3 stock ROM (and not the stock 4.3 kernel)? There's a big difference between the two, and your chances of recovering.

What version of MOAR were you trying to install? If 7.01, did you choose option 1 or option 2 in the installer. What recovery do you have installed?

What version of Odin?

I had the phone rooted with 4.1.2, then flashed the all in one 4.3 de-knoxed stock rom. I then flashed MOAR using option 1 I believe and I didnt see any of the extras in the ROM...then I did something stupid and reflashed the ROM with option 2. It seemed as if everything was going fine but then it got stuck during the install and I had to do a battery pull. I then used the video and tried to flash the firmware from samsung-updates website through ODIN (version 3.07)...One more piece of information. Since the failed flash in ODIN whenever I go to recovery using volume up, home and power, or when I just turn on the phone, I get a screen that says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae