Softbank, is NOT Fooling Around! Ready to Invest $16bn into Sprint over the next 2 years..

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm hanging on by a thread...

I stayed with Sprint because of their unique phone offerings and lower price, but I've been crunching numbers and I'm only paying about $15 less than I would be with AT&T and my corporate discount or $20 less than T-Mobile with their new JUMP program (changing phones every 6 months would be AWESOME).

The year of my EVO 4G, I had decent data speeds. It got a little worse the year of my EVO3D, but with both of those phones, I had decent WiMAX but would never keep it on all the time. The year with my EVO 4G LTE was completely horrible. They did a little NV work on the towers in SF which improved 3G a little bit (from like 92kbps to about 1.5mbps) , but it seems once they started adding LTE to the towers, the 3G got horrible again, and I never can keep a good LTE signal locked unless I'm outside in downtown SF (It seems to drop if I switch towers, or go inside a building).

And on my S4, it's constantly switching between no data, 4G and 3G which always times out whatever I'm trying to load. :mad:

I'm trying to find a dumpy unlocked GSM phone to evaluate T-Mobile's coverage for a month while trying to find my strategy to get out of my Sprint contract ETF-free.
Same here but in my case it was ET4G to GN2 that drove me over the edge.
I ended up buying out contract for the so called discounted upgrade on Galaxy Note 2.
After 3 days of owning my power house device crippled by sprint data etc I had enough & made trip to ATT store .
Finding out coverage & data speed blew away Sprint & only cost 10.00 more sealed the deal.
GSM More device choices , Better CS is a major + as well

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah well aware of speeds in and nearby the city. Pretty good.

Get out in the suburbs and you won't find to much over 10 if your lucky and consistency of LTE connection isn't that great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Surprised your speeds have really gone down in the South 'burbs. I'm still getting fairly good speeds here in the near west 'burbs (10-25mbps down) outside the city. Farther west in Dupage county it does seems to dip a bit to 4-10mbps for some reason. But 3G still remains terrible anywhere I go in the Chicagoland area, if the stars are alinged right maybe I'll hit 500kbps down.

Not sure if it's due to Sprint still upgrading the towers, network congestion or probably a combination of both. But regardless I'm still excited about what's going to be happening within the next 6-10 months. I'm confident Softbank didn't drop all this cash to run a mediocre network, but rather dump a ton of cash and resources in developing a state of the art network. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.