Softbank, is NOT Fooling Around! Ready to Invest $16bn into Sprint over the next 2 years..

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That Perfect in my book for Peak Time Speeds.....as long as its consistent, and ping times remain sub 100 mil....I wont ask for more...

Back to my Question however...Do we know if the USCC spectrum is in play yet. Also Paul627 states he's in the Burbs wasnt there an entire section of CHI-Town burbs that was still running on the Legacy Network? I think I read it was the NW burbs not sure though.

As for stepping it up, No Market has changed over faster than Chicago....I don't think its Humanly possible for Sprint/Samsung to move faster than what they have in Chicago....I wish like hell NYC NV moved as fast...

I don't think they switched the spectrum yet.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm nit sure about the spectrum change yet. I do know my area I live in, the southern suburbs was an area completed early in the LTE upgrades.

I'm interested to see what the added spectrum from US cellular will do for us in Chicago area.

Again lots of pluses in the future. I can't wait to see it come together.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm nit sure about the spectrum change yet. I do know my area I live in, the southern suburbs was an area completed early in the LTE upgrades.

I'm interested to see what the added spectrum from US cellular will do for us in Chicago area.

Again lots of pluses in the future. I can't wait to see it come together.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Around what area u got those speeds Paul? Also they might be still be doin upgrades to your towers. The other week my data was acting up for a couple days due to upgrades but now there back stable. Also I don't see what the fuss about the loop is about. I had LTE the whole time while playing ingress the other day.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Around what area u got those speeds Paul? Also they might be still be doin upgrades to your towers. The other week my data was acting up for a couple days due to upgrades but now there back stable. Also I don't see what the fuss about the loop is about. I had LTE the whole time while playing ingress the other day.

Plainfield area... Very spotty down here.. I know they were still leaving some small pieces of Naperville and other areas to double back and fill in some gaps but honestly during the testing phase it was much better down here. You remember our (my) LTE thread, Anyone with new LTE device in Chicagoland area?

I had some really impressive speeds during that phase. Seemed like once it went official it hasn't been much to brag about.

I think much of the stink in the Chicago inner city area was just obtaining access to all the various antenna locations. They are probably mounted and hanging just about anywhere we could dream up in Chicago :p

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

That USCC spectrum is critical...Sprint is in desperate need of more 1900 in Chicago.... I think this also maybe what is constraining Speeds, once the 800 and the USCC spectrum come on line you should see a significant bump....Of course to take advantage of 800 and 2.5 LTE you will need to upgrade to a Tri-band Phone.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That USCC spectrum is critical...Sprint is in desperate need of more 1900 in Chicago.... I think this also maybe what is constraining Speeds, once the 800 and the USCC spectrum come on line you should see a significant bump....Of course to take advantage of 800 and 2.5 LTE you will need to upgrade to a Tri-band Phone.

U can still take advantage of tri band with a regular lte phone. The more tri band phones out the more 1900 lte is freed up.

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
be9u5eqa.jpg

Houston, Texas :banghead:

Sent from my SGNote 2!

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I live in the south suburbs and work in the north suburbs. I also travel to WI and IN and into the city a few times a month, so I have been able to see the rollout happen pretty big picture (I also am a mobility manager at my company and was involved in our iDEN to CDMA conversion)

There are definitely areas that need work. Naperville is amazing (I have tests over 40 Mbps), but Plainfield is spotty as is Joliet and other southern areas. Same up north, Lake Forest is pretty solid, with Waukegan and Vernon hills being spotty.

I have been overall VERY satisfied though.

We also need to remember this is part 1. Over the rest of this year we will see 800Mhz refarmed and will soon see Clearwire spectrum added to the mix. With added spectrum and backhaul I'm pretty stoked.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I live in the south suburbs and work in the north suburbs. I also travel to WI and IN and into the city a few times a month, so I have been able to see the rollout happen pretty big picture (I also am a mobility manager at my company and was involved in our iDEN to CDMA conversion)

There are definitely areas that need work. Naperville is amazing (I have tests over 40 Mbps), but Plainfield is spotty as is Joliet and other southern areas. Same up north, Lake Forest is pretty solid, with Waukegan and Vernon hills being spotty.

I have been overall VERY satisfied though.

We also need to remember this is part 1. Over the rest of this year we will see 800Mhz refarmed and will soon see Clearwire spectrum added to the mix. With added spectrum and backhaul I'm pretty stoked.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it will be awesome. I am trying to stay positive.. Around town I'm good but I worry about work since that's where I'm at mostly.. Some days 3g is amazing.. Others (like today) horrible. I walk outside and get a weak 4g signal (2Mbit down) which is fine.. Does everything great... But soon as I'm back inside ugh..

Just want these bad 3g days to go away lol

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well so much for Sprint pressure on pricing.
Their "My all-In Plan" is more expensive then current and the only thing your getting extra is 5GB hotspot & unlimited calling which is basically land-line min.
Who in the heck uses mass land-line min & If you have unlimited data why in heck would you want hotspot.

Anyway I'm disappointed , I was hoping Sprint would roll out some T-mobile like plans that would kick Verizon & AT&T into line.
So much for that

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well so much for Sprint pressure on pricing.
Their "My all-In Plan" is more expensive then current and the only thing your getting extra is 5GB hotspot & unlimited calling which is basically land-line min.
Who in the heck uses mass land-line min & If you have unlimited data why in heck would you want hotspot.

Anyway I'm disappointed , I was hoping Sprint would roll out some T-mobile like plans that would kick Verizon & AT&T into line.
So much for that

If your unhappy with it email or call Dan Hesse and file a formal complaint.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Those email Hesse days are over for me my friend , they are a dead end.

Oh I know, I tried once, never got a response. So I gave up. I think if anyone who emails him from outside a corporate email, gets sent straight to spam.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm hanging on by a thread...

I stayed with Sprint because of their unique phone offerings and lower price, but I've been crunching numbers and I'm only paying about $15 less than I would be with AT&T and my corporate discount or $20 less than T-Mobile with their new JUMP program (changing phones every 6 months would be AWESOME).

The year of my EVO 4G, I had decent data speeds. It got a little worse the year of my EVO3D, but with both of those phones, I had decent WiMAX but would never keep it on all the time. The year with my EVO 4G LTE was completely horrible. They did a little NV work on the towers in SF which improved 3G a little bit (from like 92kbps to about 1.5mbps) , but it seems once they started adding LTE to the towers, the 3G got horrible again, and I never can keep a good LTE signal locked unless I'm outside in downtown SF (It seems to drop if I switch towers, or go inside a building).

And on my S4, it's constantly switching between no data, 4G and 3G which always times out whatever I'm trying to load. :mad:

I'm trying to find a dumpy unlocked GSM phone to evaluate T-Mobile's coverage for a month while trying to find my strategy to get out of my Sprint contract ETF-free.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm hanging on by a thread...

I stayed with Sprint because of their unique phone offerings and lower price, but I've been crunching numbers and I'm only paying about $15 less than I would be with AT&T and my corporate discount or $20 less than T-Mobile with their new JUMP program (changing phones every 6 months would be AWESOME).

The year of my EVO 4G, I had decent data speeds. It got a little worse the year of my EVO3D, but with both of those phones, I had decent WiMAX but would never keep it on all the time. The year with my EVO 4G LTE was completely horrible. They did a little NV work on the towers in SF which improved 3G a little bit (from like 92kbps to about 1.5mbps) , but it seems once they started adding LTE to the towers, the 3G got horrible again, and I never can keep a good LTE signal locked unless I'm outside in downtown SF (It seems to drop if I switch towers, or go inside a building).

And on my S4, it's constantly switching between no data, 4G and 3G which always times out whatever I'm trying to load. :mad:

I'm trying to find a dumpy unlocked GSM phone to evaluate T-Mobile's coverage for a month while trying to find my strategy to get out of my Sprint contract ETF-free.

This is why I switched to at&t

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe