Software Update for my Samsung Edge?

iMystikz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, Apologies for the message I'm about to write as I'm very new to Samsung and not overly sure what to do here.

Basically I'm use to having a simple Jailbroken iPhone and got told this was the same when rooted, me and a friend of mine THOUGHT we rooted my edge, I ended up factory restoring it back to normal and setting all my phone up again.

But since then, I've had the 150.49mb Update come up a few times, It downloads fine but when I go to install it, It restarts my phone, then It comes up with the blue screen with the Galaxy & Android Logo for about 15 seconds.. Then the Yellow Triangle appears on top of it, and the Android logo looks like it dies lol

Does anyone know what I have to do to update my phone? I really shouldn't have touched my phone in the first place as I wasn't too sure what I was doing, I only done it to get this Certain UI Theme that didn't even work anyway!

Sorry to be a pain, very new to Samsung like I said. I'm learning as quick as possible :)

Thanks alot,
Courtney

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like when you tried to root it you may have borked something. What I would do is get the factory image and load it is using Odin,then go from there. This should cure your troubles.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
After you believe you rooted, when you restarted your phone did it have an image of an open lock and the word "custom" underneath it on the splash screen on startup? If so, you were rooted before trying the update, which would mean it would fail upon trying to install the update. If you didn't see that on your splash screen upon startup, then you weren't rooted. The Android with the open chest usually is an indication you have accessed the stock recovery system, which is usually no big deal. However, it could also be an indication you borked something, depending on what else you see on that screen.

Can you be more specific about what you see on that screen with the dead Android? Are there options at the top such as "reboot system" and the like? If not, try holding down the volume up, home button, and power button at the same time for an extended period of time (I think that's the combo, if that doesn't do anything then it's volume down instead of up ... I can't remember which it is at the moment) That should get you out of that screen.

If you're rooted, you need to unroot to apply the update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2