Software update

anon(9023234)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Apologies, I should have listed steps taken. I did everything you suggested, except for using Wifi Analyzer. I'll try one more location and Wifi Analyzer. If no one else is having the issue, I'll do the reset after that.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Since this update, the Screenshot widget in drop down action buttons will not work on first try, but will on successive.

Come back hours later, same thing. Weird.
Same here. That seems to be the only bug I've found so far on my device. I'm not sold on the battery yet either. Gonna have to run it for a few days and see what I get.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Turning off background refreshing I use 7% per hour sot. Solid use.

When idle it barely used 2% overnight

That is best I've seen. I don't like having to tweak to improve and still not as good as iPhone 6S Plus iOS 10 but acceptable.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Turning off background refreshing I use 7% per hour sot. Solid use.

When idle it barely used 2% overnight

That is best I've seen. I don't like having to tweak to improve and still not as good as iPhone 6S Plus iOS 10 but acceptable.

Wheres the background refresh setting?

Mines be very comparable to my 6s plus actually. In some ways its been even better. I would get about 6 hours usage on my 6s plus and running the Mate 9 hard all day I get about 7. Both phones get put on the charger around 11pm at roughly 40% after unplugging them at 6:45 am. Whats interesting is Im getting better signal on the Mate than the iPhone.

With the new update however I feel like its going down a bit quicker but havent had it long enough to trust usage reports yet.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
MHA-L29C567B167 has rolled out OTA. Supposed to fix a few issues and some reports battery life improved even more.

Edit: this is for the US regulate Mate 9

So what's the overall verdict on this software update? It's downloaded to my phone but I have yet to install. Any improvements or negatives particularly in the battery life area. My battery is perfect and I do that want any issues.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
So what's the overall verdict on this software update? It's downloaded to my phone but I have yet to install. Any improvements or negatives particularly in the battery life area. My battery is perfect and I do that want any issues.

Im not sure at this point. 2 days ago I got 10 hours of screen on time. Yesterday I had 2 hours with 70% left so I should have reached 6 1/2 to 7 hours). Today could be good, could be bad (bad being 6-7 hours screen on time lol). Its not staying at 100% as long as before but I guess when you look at it, you can almost bet to get at least 6-7 hours screen on time which is pretty incredible. Just seems a little inconsistent seeing as how the day before I got 10 hours. Im trying to decide if supercharging drains faster than a standard charger.

The only bug Ive seen is the screenshot one mentioned above. Hulu still doesnt work without a call to Hulu to change some setting. The touch sensitivity feels much better and the app drawer is finally in alphabetical order. Also Google Voice is supposed to be working properly.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure at this point. 2 days ago I got 10 hours of screen on time. Yesterday I had 2 hours with 70% left so I should have reached 6 1/2 to 7 hours). Today could be good, could be bad (bad being 6-7 hours screen on time lol). Its not staying at 100% as long as before but I guess when you look at it, you can almost bet to get at least 6-7 hours screen on time which is pretty incredible. Just seems a little inconsistent seeing as how the day before I got 10 hours. Im trying to decide if supercharging drains faster than a standard charger.

The only bug Ive seen is the screenshot one mentioned above. Hulu still doesnt work without a call to Hulu to change some setting. The touch sensitivity feels much better and the app drawer is finally in alphabetical order. Also Google Voice is supposed to be working properly.

I really don't want to call hulu cs to fix the issue because I do not want it to change on the other devices I just for huli

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

Thanks. The most SOT that I have gotten has been 9 hours. I average 7 hours consistently. So what your getting is normal for my use. There were a few days early on, maybe my 3rd week, where my battery life dropped to half of its normal performance over a three day period. Did a factory reset and it's been fine since. That was over a month the ago. I dont want that happening again. As a previous Samsung user I always had crappy battery life even after little updates on every phone without factory resetting. Hopefully Huawei will be different.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I feel my battery lasts less. Don't have actual figures but I feel it's draining faster.
Kinda feeling the same way. I notice it drops to 98% real quick then levels out around d 75%. It's still good battery life but it definitely doesn't feel like it did on b138. I'm debating a reset but really don't want to redo all my settings.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Finally sucked it up and did a factory reset this morning. Really really sucked logging back into all my apps but we'll see if that puts the battery back on track.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Notice a difference?
Only been off the charger since the first full charge for about 2 hours so early to say. However, it is staying at 100% much longer. More like it was on B138. Also my notifications for Tapatalk are finally working right and "fast charging" is showing when using the Huawei fast charger.

I'll give you a bit better assessment on the battery tomorrow after I've ran it for a bit.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Notice a difference?

It seems like the reset helped. Doesnt feel like the battery is draining as fast (hard for me to accurately measure since Ive been in and out of my car alot and using Android Auto each time) and a few things that werent working before are now like notifications, lockscreen music controls. Also not getting power intensive notifications for some apps that I was getting before and they dont seem to be draining the battery nearly as much. Its a pain to do a reset but in this case I'd say go for it. Worse case scenario, its no better than it is now for you.

techgeek32

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Another bug found. After this update listening to text messages through Android Auto is broken. I have a 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum and had no problems before. Now when a new text comes in and I touch the notification icon it shows google assistant dots but doesn't play the message and then changes music to just the front speakers. Weird. My other Android devices work perfectly fine. This is unusable for me as I travel a lot. Please release a fix Huawei or I will be selling this phone and going back to my Note 5.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Another bug found. After this update listening to text messages through Android Auto is broken. I have a 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum and had no problems before. Now when a new text comes in and I touch the notification icon it shows google assistant dots but doesn't play the message and then changes music to just the front speakers. Weird. My other Android devices work perfectly fine. This is unusable for me as I travel a lot. Please release a fix Huawei or I will be selling this phone and going back to my Note 5.
I have a Mustang with Android Auto and I'm having some issues as well. When I click the message notification it acts like it's going to play then disappears. Sometimes when I click the message on the AA home screen it will play and sometimes it will reboot AA. The other issue is the phone screen won't give me the option to answer a call or hang up. I have to unplug the phone during a call and plug it back in to get that back on the AA screen. I haven't had an issue with sound switching speakers however. I was wondering if other devices had these issues as well but sold all my other android phones so I can't really test it.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
What's really odd is everything works perfectly in the Android auto app but when plugging into the stereo it gets crazy. You would think it would work the same as the car if it was an issue with the phone.

What other phones have you tested?

Edit: I decided to go out to my car and test a few things. First I replaced the USB c cable I got from Best buy with the Huawei cable. I did have to re-engage the call screen like mentioned above the first time. Then I tested when I plug the phone in and unplug it. Unplugging it never made a difference whether the car was on or off. Plugging it in however did. If I waited to sync fully loaded before I plugged in, text messages wouldn't read. The dots came up but never played. However, if I plugged it in while the mustang splash logo (F-150 in your case) was up it worked perfectly. The call screen worked Everytime after switching cables and engaging it the first time. Text read perfectly as long as I didn't wait to plug the phone in. I don't know if it's truly the phone or is it sync itself, which as we know is not the most stable system. I can't tell you how many times my screens gone black and I had to turn the car off for 15 minutes for it to come back. Now you add Android Auto which has been quite buggy and who knows what's going on.

Anyway, if you're using a 3rd party cable try and swap it out with the Huawei one and see if that helps. Maybe also try plugging in before the splash screen goes away.

Last edited:

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if you're still trying to figure this out but it appears to be the Ford Sync software creating these issues. I decided to grab a Galaxy S7 last night and try it out in the car. Phone is working good but texts are horrible. Ive never had the speaker issue you mentioned until now and only on the S7. If a message comes in and I hit the pop up sometimes it will play but others it will disappear. If I try and replay it from the Android Auto home screen it will sometimes replay but alot of times reboot Android Auto and shift all sound to my front speakers. If I click the message again everything shifts back to all the speakers. Im betting this is why they havent released Sync 3 Ver. 2.2 to the 2016 vehicles yet.

Either way, its definitely not a phone issue as its happening on multiple phones. Could be an Android Auto app software as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bensonboon24