Software update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Galaxy 7s yesterday I was told to do an update so I did then today it says to do an update so I did then tonight it says to do an update I am not doing updates why does it keep telling me to update every day

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
As belodion said, this is probably a backlog of updates. The updates you receive are probably monthly security paches which I think you need to install one by one on Samsung phones (I also noticed this on Sony phones, but as far as I know, Huawei phones download all available monthly updates at once and install them at the same time).

JackRussell

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy 7s yesterday I was told to do an update so I did then today it says to do an update so I did then tonight it says to do an update I am not doing updates why does it keep telling me to update every day

Almost certainly a backlog of updates.

In Settings->About Device->BaseBand Version, there will be an identifier that tells you what version you are currently on. As you apply each update it should change. You might be able to google the string and match it up to when that version was released.

If I recall correctly, there were about a dozen updates before things settled down, and that was before Oreo.