Software updates

JanWB

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I just left Verizon after 20 years and went to Visible... but I need to know how to get my software updates or who sends them out. I've got the Samsung note 20 ultra and I can't get the July update as of yet keeps saying I'm up to date. Need some help with this.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Did you restart your phone after changing carriers? Or clear cache in the carrier services app? Those may help, but don't fret about it. There are behind the scenes settings and apps that "tell" the phone which carrier it's on. They are often slow to update when you change carriers, but eventually they will. Shouldn't take more than one monthly cycle so if you just changed, it should resolve itself in early August.

You could try to force it by turning off your phone, removing the sim card, restarting the phone without the sim, then turning off and restarting with the sim in place. That may clear old carrier settings from the phone. Again, don't fret if this doesn't immediately help. If the problem persists more than 3-4 weeks then contact tech support.

JanWB

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I've restarted my phone but I will try the others things. So far visible is really working out. Took out my internet service and just using visible hotspot and loving saving 105.00 a month. Verizon has changed a lot.
Thanks for the information

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've restarted my phone but I will try the others things. So far visible is really working out. Took out my internet service and just using visible hotspot and loving saving 105.00 a month. Verizon has changed a lot.
Thanks for the information
Yeah saving money outweighs getting faster software updates:)

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Mvmo carriers don't get the same service as the main carrier I found this out when I tried mint mobile stuck with T-Mobile they get you with their low prices.

Last edited:

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Agree. There are only a very few times I've even suspected that I was being throttled or de-prioritized. Well worth the savings.

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I just left Verizon after 20 years and went to Visible... but I need to know how to get my software updates or who sends them out. I've got the Samsung note 20 ultra and I can't get the July update as of yet keeps saying I'm up to date. Need some help with this.
You can always download and manually flash any update using a computer, if your phone won't OTA update