Sold Out

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I am in So Cal. It is about 2,100 Miles from Louisville, KY. UPS still shows delivery on the 9th which is tomorrow. Well, at least I got to play with my new toy over the weekend.

Don't be too jealous of me. I got mine today and had to immediately return it. It had some scuffs on the back of the phone right out of the package. I wonder if they even have someone check these things. It wasn't even me being super picky. I'm just not going to deal with that on a $700 phone.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't be too jealous of me. I got mine today and had to immediately return it. It had some scuffs on the back of the phone right out of the package. I wonder if they even have someone check these things. It wasn't even me being super picky. I'm just not going to deal with that on a $700 phone.

I ordered mine on Friday night. I was tossed between keeping my Note 3 and getting this. Still on the fence but I am sick of touchwiz and Samsungs move towards tizen.

Scuff marks are unacceptable, espically on a $700 phone

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on Friday night. I was tossed between keeping my Note 3 and getting this. Still on the fence but I am sick of touchwiz and Samsungs move towards tizen.

Scuff marks are unacceptable, espically on a $700 phone

Yeah. It was like it had been rubbed up against something. Not TERRIBLE, but I wasn't OK with it on this phone. Hopefully the next one is good.

I love stock and I'm sick of skinned phones, too. They just don't add enough for me anymore. And I agree that all Samsung seems to be doing is setting people up to just buy a "Galaxy" regardless of what OS is on it. Their skin is garbage, in my opinion. It slows down what should be a lightning fast phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

I would have return the phone too if I find scuffs, especially we are paying full price for a new phone. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope mine would be OK.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I would have return the phone too if I find scuffs, especially we are paying full price for a new phone. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope mine would be OK.

Keep us posted. I can't wait to get one without some issues. This is such a great phone. Exactly what I want.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I just received my HTC One M8 and the back of the phone has a small discolored dent. I contacted Google and chatted with a Customer Service person and she was most helpful. I got a RMA and was ready to pack the phone back in the box when I noticed something.
What appears as a discolored dent was some glue residue. It felt like a bump/dent when I ran my finger over it. However, I noticed that the spot was reduced after I polished it with a cloth. I was able to lift the glue residue off completely with a piece of tape. All is well. All of this scuffs remarks got me seeing things.
HTC Back S.jpg

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine too. No issues so far. Are you going to put a case on that?

I just received my HTC One M8 and the back of the phone has a small discolored dent. I contacted Google and chatted with a Customer Service person and she was most helpful. I got a RMA and was ready to pack the phone back in the box when I noticed something.
What appears as a discolored dent was some glue residue. It felt like a bump/dent when I ran my finger over it. However, I noticed that the spot was reduced after I polished it with a cloth. I was able to lift the glue residue off completely with a piece of tape. All is well. All of this scuffs remarks got me seeing things.
View attachment 117388

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 117388

Yeah, I actually had some of that too. But noticed it came off. The scuff was an actual mark. No buffing or alcohol swap did anything to it. I got another today that is in much better shape. And I'll absolutely be putting a case on it. Not sure I could go without.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have ordered a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case because this comes with a screen protector. However, this case is scheduled to be shipped later in the month. In the meantime, I just carry this phone in a micro fiber cloth pouch that I use with my Nexus 4 to protect the finish.
HTC One (M8) Case Ultra Hybrid - HTC One (M8) - HTC - Brands | Spigen

Very nice case! I slapped a overly priced invisible shield on and I have a silicone case coming tomorrow. They sure are right about the phone being slippery

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have ordered a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case because this comes with a screen protector. However, this case is scheduled to be shipped later in the month. In the meantime, I just carry this phone in a micro fiber cloth pouch that I use with my Nexus 4 to protect the finish.
HTC One (M8) Case Ultra Hybrid - HTC One (M8) - HTC - Brands | Spigen

Very nice case! I slapped a overly priced invisible shield on and I have a silicone case coming tomorrow. They sure are right about the phone being slippery

I've got the Incipio NGP and Spigen Slim Armor. I really like both of them, but I'm really liking that one you ordered. This phone is next to impossible to hold without a case. Feels like you're going to chuck it across the room when you take it out of your pocket.

What do both of you guys think about the phone overall?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Incipio NGP and Spigen Slim Armor. I really like both of them, but I'm really liking that one you ordered. This phone is next to impossible to hold without a case. Feels like you're going to chuck it across the room when you take it out of your pocket.

I was thinking the same about how slippery the phone was. So afraid to hold it without some traction.

Off the bat there is a lot to like about this phone. The design is great and the phone is lightweight coming from a note 3. The speaker are loud and clear and pure android is the biggest plus.

I haven't taken this phone out in the wild yet but I would really like to know how the battery performs after a few full recharges.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the same about how slippery the phone was. So afraid to hold it without some traction.

Off the bat there is a lot to like about this phone. The design is great and the phone is lightweight coming from a note 3. The speaker are loud and clear and pure android is the biggest plus.

I haven't taken this phone out in the wild yet but I would really like to know how the battery performs after a few full recharges.

This is the second one I have had. I had one, then thought I missed my Nexus, so I sold it while they were sold out and got my Nexus back. And I missed the M8 a lot so I bought another when they were back in stock.

My experience with the battery is that it is LIGHT YEARS better than the Nexus. I could get a good 2 hours + on the M8 more than the Nexus. I find myself constantly watching the Nexus where I never cared about the M8. I just charged it every night. And I'm not the hardest core user, but I do stalk a lot of fantasy baseball leagues.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

I think it is more appropriate if we were to stat a new thread. I do not want to hijack this thread in respect to the OP. We are way out of the subject of this thread.

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I think it is more appropriate if we were to state a new thread. I do not want to hijack this thread in respect to the OP. We are way out of the subject of this thread.

I actually have a thread that I started on here about initial thoughts and impressions. I'm more than happy to discuss anything about the phone over there.

My apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I actually have a thread that I started on here about initial thoughts and impressions. I'm more than happy to discuss anything about the phone over there.

My apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread.

OK! I’ll find that thread and post some of my initial thoughts in a day of so. I only managed to get a nano SIM today. Give me a day of two with the phone first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EcuadorCynthia