Solution found for slow Gmail notifications

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Usual checklist. Make sure notify for every email is selected. Also go to apps-gmail-battery make sure unrestricted is selected. I haven't had delayed notifications.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The only app I have greyed out is settings and it's on active.
Here's a link to better understanding

Thanks for the link. Now that I understand better this part of the Developer Options, I found more information. However there is one thing I am not sure of...

About 1/2 of my apps are greyed out with a standby status of either "Never" or "Exempted". I think the "Exempted" ones may all be apps where, in the normal app settings, I set the specific app to have "Unrestricted" battery access. But the ones that have a status of "Never", "Rare", or "Restricted" all are set in the app to have optimized battery use, (probably set to that on installation). So the system must be choosing the standby status of apps that have battery use set to optimized?

By the way, my Gmail standby status is set to "Exempted". But I now use FairEmail so the Gmail app is unused.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Now that I understand better this part of the Developer Options, I found more information. However there is one thing I am not sure of...

About 1/2 of my apps are greyed out with a standby status of either "Never" or "Exempted". I think the "Exempted" ones may all be apps where, in the normal app settings, I set the specific app to have "Unrestricted" battery access. But the ones that have a status of "Never", "Rare", or "Restricted" all are set in the app to have optimized battery use, (probably set to that on installation). So the system must be choosing the standby status of apps that have battery use set to optimized?

By the way, my Gmail standby status is set to "Exempted". But I now use FairEmail so the Gmail app is unused.
Yeah the adaptive battery will control this and choose what state the app goes in with it toggle off it should all say active standby. If you choose to go into the app and restrict or turn background app process that probably going have a impact in that developer settings option also . Like if I had someone device in my hand i could test what going on by matter of 5 to 10 minutes why they delayed but unfortunately i to go back and forth on a forum and hopefully that user went over all the steps it tough but giving a option for some of you to mess around with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38