[SOLVED] What is this icon I keep seeing in my notifications bar?

DanOSaur43

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site
Very often, this icon, that looks like a phone with 2 horizontal arrows pointing in opposite directions on the right side of the icon with a sideways wifi looking sign on the left side, flashes on and off about every ten seconds and i dont know what it means. How do I fix this?? I googled every website possible and could not find this icon.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: What is this icon I keep seeing in my notifications bar?

Welcome to the forums. What phone and carrier are you using? Where on the status you see this icon, left or right side? Can you post a screenshot?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

It looks like some kind of syncing going on in the background. Just in case, do you have WiFi calling enabled in your quick settings panel?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

No i do not. And if it is a syncing problem, why does it flash for a millisecond?
I don't know. Sometimes those icons that flash on & off are related to background processes.

Have you already tried letting the notifications expanded for a while and see if you get one related to that icon?

By the way, are you using Nova launcher or any other app with access to Activities? If so there is an easy trick to access the notification log and see which app is pushing that icon.

DanOSaur43

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site

Yes, i have expanded the notifications but it doesnt appear. The flashed notification only condenses the expanded notifications for some reason. Also, i dont know if i am using an app with permission to activities. How do i check?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Yes, i have expanded the notifications but it doesnt appear. The flashed notification only condenses the expanded notifications for some reason. Also, i dont know if i am using an app with permission to activities. How do i check?
Strange. Let me ask around with other members more familiar with Samsung devices.

Don't worry about the Activities then, if you don't know if you have it or not it means you don't have it :) It's a feature included in custom launchers and such.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Also, there's a chance that icon comes from a third party app that you downloaded. This guide is intended to pin apps that push full screen ads by it can help you to identify which apps are running in the background. There's a big chance that one of them is the cause of that flashing notification.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=901497

DanOSaur43

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site

Very often, this icon, that looks like a phone with 2 horizontal arrows pointing in opposite directions on the right side of the icon with a sideways wifi looking sign on the left side, flashes on and off about every ten seconds and i dont know what it means. How do I fix this?? I googled every website possible and could not find this icon.

Its okay i figured out that it was a samsung app for transferring contents and apps to compatible devices (such as galaxy earbuds or watches) called "Samsung Accessory Service" and it was updating the content. I just restarted the app by force stopping the app and reopened the app and the flashing stopped.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Samsung has an icon glossary in settings under about phone, I just point this out incase you get another icon you don't recognize.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Its okay i figured out that it was a samsung app for transferring contents and apps to compatible devices (such as galaxy earbuds or watches) called "Samsung Accessory Service" and it was updating the content. I just restarted the app by force stopping the app and reopened the app and the flashing stopped.
Glad you managed to find the culprit and thanks for the follow up. It'll be very helpful for other members with a similar issue. See you around the forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419