Some issue

giafiordi

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody.

I bought my lgwu2 3G (I'm italian) just 3 days ago so I'm sorry if maybe is my fault because I don't know everything.

I notice this:

Using maps without phone is not possible, the gps of the watch seems to be not strong enough to have signal, moreover It seems to not have any connection even if I am in my house on wifi.

Wifi seems to work only if is connected with my phone, why I can't connect my watch directly to wifi and avoid to pass throug my phone?

Answer to message on whatsapp or sms with voice work only if my phone is connected to wifi not with my data plan, do you know how to solve it?
It seems stupid that I can use all the function of my watch under the data plan of my phone but not the voice answer, If I am in my house pair with m phone and the phone use wifi it works.

Answer to a call If I have the watch and a bluetooth earphone connected with my mobile is not working, I explain, I can asnwer on my phone without using watch or bluetooth earphone or I can asnwer on my watch with speaker (sound is terrible and people ear themselves) but I can't answer on my watch using the bluetooth earphone, so If I tell my mobile to use bluethoot is force on the speaker of my watch and I can't pass the answer to my bluetooth earphone (so stupid thing).

By now this are all the issues I noticed.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
With the current version of Android Wear you still need to be paired to your phone through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or cellular to do most functions. 'Ok, Google' and navigation both require you to be connected to the phone. This may change when AW 2.0 is released.

GPS does work but you usually have to be outside to get a signal. I track my runs by GPS all the time without my phone. There is an app called Wear GPS you can use to view satellites and see how many are connected. I use it before starting my runs.

You can use the Bluetooth headset connected to your phone to answer calls or you can connect the headset to your watch to answer calls directly (or forwarded) to your watch. You can't connect the headset to the watch and answer calls to the phone on the headset. Not yet anyway.

Last edited:

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Answer to message on whatsapp or sms with voice work only if my phone is connected to wifi not with my data plan, do you know how to solve it?

Answer to a call If I have the watch and a bluetooth earphone connected with my mobile is not working, I explain, I can asnwer on my phone without using watch or bluetooth earphone or I can asnwer on my watch with speaker (sound is terrible and people ear themselves) but I can't answer on my watch using the bluetooth earphone, so If I tell my mobile to use bluethoot is force on the speaker of my watch and I can't pass the answer to my bluetooth earphone (so stupid thing).
Ciao!
I can answer to whatsap when my cell phone is on cellular 3G/4G (not wifi) works for me, you can maybe play a bit with the settings. Do you have a sim card in your watch?

LG sent an update to the US version of the watch a few weeks ago, which now makes calls through bluetooth from the watch possible: it's Android wear version 1.5.0.265... It will come to the European versions for sure as well.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
LG sent an update to the US version of the watch a few weeks ago, which now makes calls through bluetooth from the watch possible: it's Android wear version 1.5.0.265... It will come to the European versions for sure as well.

Nah, EU version released the same time as new version in US. So it has the version of firmware. Besides, the new firmware didn't enhance BT calls from watch, it makes worse than before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582