Some issues with Oneplus 8 pro

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I got a new Oneplus 8 pro (Oxygen 11), moved from Samsung galaxy s10. After using it for a few days, I have several issues that bother me, I would like to share them with the experts here 😃
The purpose of this post is to be some kind of a summary, since I saw posts on some of the issues, but nothing organized. Please feel free to give your insights on all or some of the issues. Thanks!!

1. When pressing on a notification to enter an app (like whatsapp), there is a noticable lag. This has to be a bug since it is slower than my wife's galaxy s8 which is a lot older. I saw no solution to this issue.

2. The touch on the edge of the screen works poorly. It has a lag on regular presses and it sometimes does not detect a long press. I assume the purpose is to avoid accidental touches, but the result is very bad.

3. No number of notifications on app icon, just a dot. This is not a bug, but maybe someone has a way to add that option? (Like in Galaxy phones).

4. I did not see one handed mode option. I saw some mixed opinions about this issue, and I would like someone to tell me if it is possible/not possible/will be added soon.

5. Call recording. I have read it is a locked feature (why? It is legal on many countries). Saw solutions with ADB (need to redo every restart?) and with installing an outside app. Can anyone recommend anything?

6. 48mp camera is slow. After shooting I havw to wait 1-2 seconds before I can shoot again. Is it a bug or just the way it is?

Sorry for the long post. THANKS in advance.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I got a new Oneplus 8 pro (Oxygen 11), moved from Samsung galaxy s10. After using it for a few days, I have several issues that bother me, I would like to share them with the experts here
The purpose of this post is to be some kind of a summary, since I saw posts on some of the issues, but nothing organized. Please feel free to give your insights on all or some of the issues. Thanks!!

1. When pressing on a notification to enter an app (like whatsapp), there is a noticable lag. This has to be a bug since it is slower than my wife's galaxy s8 which is a lot older. I saw no solution to this issue.

2. The touch on the edge of the screen works poorly. It has a lag on regular presses and it sometimes does not detect a long press. I assume the purpose is to avoid accidental touches, but the result is very bad.

3. No number of notifications on app icon, just a dot. This is not a bug, but maybe someone has a way to add that option? (Like in Galaxy phones).

4. I did not see one handed mode option. I saw some mixed opinions about this issue, and I would like someone to tell me if it is possible/not possible/will be added soon.

5. Call recording. I have read it is a locked feature (why? It is legal on many countries). Saw solutions with ADB (need to redo every restart?) and with installing an outside app. Can anyone recommend anything?

6. 48mp camera is slow. After shooting I havw to wait 1-2 seconds before I can shoot again. Is it a bug or just the way it is?

Sorry for the long post. THANKS in advance.
Welcome to the forums.

1 - That probably depends on the app, unfortunately many apps are not fully updated to Android 11. How many apps are giving you that kind of lag?

2 - Not sure what you mean. What kind of app shortcuts or actions have you set so close to the edge? Tap or long press close to the edge usually trigger very specific actions.

3 - That's a launcher feature. OnePlus stock launcher doesn't include that numeric badge and you'd need a custom launcher, such a Nova.

4 - One handed mode is not available yet. OOS 11 included many changes to make navigating the settings easier, but only that. It was available in older beta builds and we'll see if they include that feature in future stable builds.

5 - Call recording is a complicated issue since it's illegal in some countries/regions. I'm afraid I can't give you information about how to enable it.

6 - I don't have any information about that, sorry. I'll check later and let you know what I find.

Arielb33

Oct 18, 2020
Visit site
1. It happens in Whatsapp and Telegram. And probably with some other apps.
2. Whatsapp mic for example. Also on the kyboard some of the buttons are close to the edge, the erase button for example. It is very limiting.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
1. It happens in Whatsapp and Telegram. And probably with some other apps.
2. Whatsapp mic for example. Also on the kyboard some of the buttons are close to the edge, the erase button for example. It is very limiting.
Thanks for registering.

1 - That could be some glitch in the launcher. Clear cache for the OnePlus Launcher, restart the phone and see if it helps.

2 - I haven't seen similar reports in the different OP communities. I'll search a bit and see if I can find anything helpful.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
You can easily enable without root call recording on this device. Use Oneplus tool from the play store to activate it.

Regarding edge sensitivity, try and disable accidental screen touches from within settings.