Sony Xperia z normal discussion

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm a phone addict have a HTC one and a super laggy galaxy s4., just got my experia z two days ago and love it, my only complaint is how dead these forums are compared to others

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk 2

realsuprimo

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Experia Z for the 3moths now, and it's awesome.my only complaints is the poor camera performance in low light and dark areas, but overall great build quality walkman feature is great for listening to music coupled with the Sony headsets

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mrluky

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
i have just got my z on wednesday, and wow nice phone. i would like to know how your battery life is. Mine seems ok but i thought it would be better. Help me out and give me some hints.

chrispphunt

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got my z a few days ago. I almost didn't upgrade from my xperia s as tbh that's a very capable phone in itself.
I'm glad I did now though!
The Xperia z is so much more capable and feels such high quality in the hand.
Better battery, signal, screen, camera etc - most areas really are a step up.

Sent from my C6603 using AC Forums mobile app

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
my only complaint is how dead these forums are compared to other

Sony has lost credibility with carriers when it was messing around with Playstation-type devices, and now it has a much smaller exposure. I think Sony is back on the rise, but it will be a slow process. Meanwhile, this means a smaller user base. That said, the Xperia user base seem much happier with their devices than the rest. Getting a Sony instead of a Samsung was a fluke in my case, I was a Motorola man for the longest time, but when the last one died, the Samsung S4 was still a week away, so I chose the Sony. I'm quite happy it happened this way, the Xperia is a great phone, but I suspect many of us bought this phone more out of circumstance than choice.

i have just got my z on Wednesday, and wow nice phone. i would like to know how your battery life is

Battery life is OK if you are careful about what runs on the phone, and how often your apps are set to sync with the web. It's definitely not a monster when it comes to lasting power, but with care and "stamina" mode enabled, it's an "upper-middle-of-the-pack" performer. It does take a few days for battery to reach it's full potential, and once all you accounts and more permanent settings are set and done, regular phone and news reading usage should yield an very acceptable performance.

HimOffTheTelly

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I've only been a week now with my Z, having had to urgently replace a.G-Note that suffered sudden death last week. I had always been attracted to the Z for its stylish design and water and dust resistance, but was happily holding out for the "Honami" - until my beloved Note croaked it. So yes my hand was rather forced, but I don't regret my decision. I knew that battery life was going to be meh, and I knew that the otherwise superb screen suffered poor viewing angles, but neither of these factors have proved to be deal breakers for me. Having been used to Samsung's amoled screens for years, for good and bad, I am actually really pleased with how well the Z's screen performs outdoors, especially in bright sunlight. This is a luxury Samsung's amoleds cannot provide. As for battery life, I am a heavy user, but am happy to find that a quick top up charge late in the day is quick enough nit to be too obstrusive, plus later this week I will purchase a 4000mAh portable charge pack, which should prove no more cumbersome to carry with me on outings than did the two extra batteries I used to wield in order to keep my Note productive all day. Also the Z, as well as charging fairly fast, unlike the Note which took upwards of four hours, also charges steadily while in use on charge, again unlike the Note, where active use supped more power than went into recharging the battery. So far then I am a happy bunny. I felt I was taking a risk by turning to Sony phones after being a Samsung and Apple user for several years, but the design classic that is the Z was always going to be the one that swayed me.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got my xperia Z today unlocked from sony and i have to say its a nice phone not sure about all of this negative talk even in other threads and forums but so far loving it got the white one. it just started updating android software now so waiting for that to complete but awesome phone very light and man i just like it.

skibnik

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Z for my Brother it is a nicely designed phone no complaints. Question is how do you turn on stamina mode? I use BB10 so am a stranger to Android + this is my Brothers first smart phone so of course I have to be his designated help desk lol

HimOffTheTelly

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
So it's been two months now with my Z and I can honestly say it's been as dependable as I'd hoped, more so than Samsung, my experiences with which were very mixed, although I do like their phones. I still love the design of this thing, still loathe the battery, and I know that we'll be together for along time to come.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk now Free