Soon to be new Charge Owner

arctic388

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
if calibrating you mean run to 0% and charge to 100% i have done that multiple times with all three batteries. also when it reaches 100% i unplug for a minute then plug back up to top off.

any other suggestions?

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
if calibrating you mean run to 0% and charge to 100% i have done that multiple times with all three batteries. also when it reaches 100% i unplug for a minute then plug back up to top off.

any other suggestions?

1) download the battery calibration app
2) charge to 100% or when it reaches to 4150-4200mv according to the app
3) press calibrate button
4) run down to 5% or 0%
5) charge to 100% or when it reaches to 4150-4200mv according to the app
6) do 2-3 more discharge/recharge cycles with little phone interruption as possible

During this whole calibration process only use that same battery from the start of the calibration, dont swap out for any other battery. Once you are done with your 4 charge/discharge cycles your phone should be properly calibrated and you can swap out different batteries and charge your phone whenever you want. Also check out what app/processes are being used the most in tsm, spare parts, or battery usage in "about phone". Hope this helps!

kart38

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Battery Calibration

It requires root and deletes your battery stats file. Like I said, you should also check Settings > About Phone > Battery Use. What is at the top of that list, it should be your display. Another thing to look at is how often stuff is checking for updates (twitter, facebook, email app, not gmail). Are you using the Yahoo email app? That is a known battery killer.

sc20111111163131.png

Jason

Last edited:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a desktop charger and I take off charger at 4:30 p.m. with 100% and by 10:00 p.m. is down to 10%. to make it through a full day without charging i use 3 batteries. and this is light use with Facebook twitter and browsing.

If thats the case, and battery calibration is working for you. Delete everything off the phone and completely reset it. If your still noticing that after you did that, That phones no good. Ive never had a phone like that before.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Actually just did a factory reset based on vzwsupport recommendation. The times I reported was 2 days after reset.

I would let it sit before you start installing all the apps back. Maybe just some important ones for now. If you go 2 days and its all fine and dandy, heck or even 1 day, then one of those apps you had was draining the battery bad.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Charge yesterday and Im totally satisified with it for what I paid for it. I wouldve even paid more. Its a great phone. Reminds me of the Infuse I had with the beautiful Super Amoled Screen.

Rooted it, Installed the latest GB Leak 2.3.6 and Im amazed by these blazing LTE speeds, God im in love.

Also, When I called Verizon to activate the LTE chip for my phone, they said since there is a promotion for customers that buy an LTE handset, they get 4GB a month for the price of 2GB a month. So they threw 2GB a month onto my already 2GB I had for the BlackBerry for free. Now I can rock out with 4GB as long as I stick with them. Thats a really good deal, I appreciate them hooking me up! Verizon is the BOMB!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
You get spoiled with 4g. When I leave my 4g area, and revert to 3g, I just bum out and suffer. :-/
It's faster than my cable wifi, so I just use 4g and live with the battery drain. ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I510

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You get spoiled with 4g. When I leave my 4g area, and revert to 3g, I just bum out and suffer. :-/
It's faster than my cable wifi, so I just use 4g and live with the battery drain. ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I510

Lol you know what I too noticed that. The LTE runs quicker then my freaking Time Warner. Its insane!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

kart38

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Terrigno, hold the back button and press the home button. Allows you to take screenshots, baked into stock by Samsung. 4G is insane, I have seen as much as 35Mb down and 12Mb up. That is 3x my cable speed down and 24x their upload!

Jason

Reactions: Terrigno

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Charge for about 3 months now and (knock on wood) have not had any real issues with it. Battery life has been pretty decent. So far to date, I've only had the phone freeze up once on me. Everything runs quick and smooth. Still waiting on the Gingerbread update though :( Only way I'll get rid of this phone is if the Prime comes out and it's better :)

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Terrigno, hold the back button and press the home button. Allows you to take screenshots, baked into stock by Samsung. 4G is insane, I have seen as much as 35Mb down and 12Mb up. That is 3x my cable speed down and 24x their upload!

Jason

Sweet! Thank you so much Kart, I had no idea of that.