Sound Issues - Has anyone had one of those problems?

dpmarsola

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been using my SGSII for 4 months already (in Brazil they lauched a couple of months ahead of the US) and my phone seems to have some sound issues that are not normal.

Or maybe it is! I would like to see if its "normal" or if I should take it to repair.

Issue #1: When I turn the FM Radio on and turn the phone upside down (screen facing the ground) the radio just stops! That only happens if the screen is still unlocked... if I lock the screen, that doesn?t happen!

Issue #2: Sometimes, when the headphones are plugged in, the sound is output through the phone?s speakers rather than the headphones.

Issue #3: Sometimes the sound simply doesn?t work. I noticed that once it stopped working after I get one of those voice notifications. Only a phone reboot turns the sound back on again!

Tyrol

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
1. Checked Settings, Motion. Motion Activation and Turn Over could be checked.
2. Did you plug the earphone jack all the way in?

Duggald

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Tyrol's right. Your Turn Over motion is activated. Just follow his instruction, and uncheck it. The motion stops all sounds when face down, and pauses videos.

Make sure your headphones are compatible with a samsung mobile. Some other mobile manufacturers will clash with it.
Or yes, check that it is fully inserted.

As for #3, I have no clue, sorry. :c