Special upgrade from Verizon

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Got a flyer in the mail last night for an early upgrade to a 4G device. If you have not upgraded in the past 180 days you can upgrade to a 4G device (thunderbolt, xoom, 4G mi-fi). I upgraded to a Droid X last october, so it looks like I'll be gettingt a Thunderbolt soon. Offer expires 4-30-2011.

Reactions: Chrisy and Friend-O

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Any chance you can post a pic of the flyer? Do you know if this can be done online? Or in-store only?

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Yah, but he's asking if it's for NEW 2-year activations, as in, non-existing customers only. I assume that's not the case though, if the "If you have not upgraded in the past 180 days you can upgrade to a 4G device" you stated is accurate.

Rhyyker

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
are alot of people receiving this? I have a friend who would be very interested in this, as she also upgraded to a DX about 2 weeks after the launch.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got an official looking email from "NationalEOD@vzwmail.vzwshop.com" with someone's name email address (@VerizonWireless.com) saying one or more of my lines was eligible for an upgrade. Thing is, I'm not! I upgraded my two eligible lines when TB was released. Then 3 weeks later I get this email.

I do have a 3rd line (non-smartphone) which was just started back in October or so. Is it possible that I really could be getting an early upgrade on that line? Or is this just some automated outdated email?

I know I know, I should just email the guy. Why do that when I could ask a bunch of people who can throw wild guesses at me though! :p

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
are alot of people receiving this? I have a friend who would be very interested in this, as she also upgraded to a DX about 2 weeks after the launch.

I got this in the mail too, and it specifically stated my number and that I would have to renew my contract for 2 years and not have upgraded within the last 180 days. I got a fascinate in late September so I'm really considering this offer... I could probably sell my fascinate for $150 to cover the upgrade to the tbolt. I'm going back and forth between the two phones and all the other potential phones that are coming out.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I got this in the mail too, and it specifically stated my number and that I would have to renew my contract for 2 years and not have upgraded within the last 180 days. I got a fascinate in late September so I'm really considering this offer... I could probably sell my fascinate for $150 to cover the upgrade to the tbolt. I'm going back and forth between the two phones and all the other potential phones that are coming out.

They may be trying to get more people on 4G devices so they can get better stats on usage to determine the tiers because the hardcore data users are probably the people that got this phone on launch day. So I would go for it. You'll be guaranteed unlimited LTE data.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, I bet the notice the OP got also specifies his phone number, meaning that I got all excited for nothing. That would explain why the CSR at my local VZW store had no clue about the promotion when I stopped in and inquired about it during my lunch break. He checked his system and also checked my account and said he couldn't find anything and that the flyer the person received was probably tailored specifically to them...I'm out of luck. Anyway, the OP said he would post a pic of the flyer at lunch...he must take a very late lunch, ha ha.

I'm very curious what the criteria is for receiving that flyer... Being on a certain plan? Having a business account? To those who have received it, what plan are you on? Do you just have a personal account with no discounts? Etc...

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm very curious what the criteria is for receiving that flyer... Being on a certain plan? Having a business account? To those who have received it, what plan are you on? Do you just have a personal account with no discounts? Etc...

tbh, I don't have any idea what made me so special as to receive this flier. I was on a business account, but not anymore, but I have a corporate discount on my account. I got 450 min plan w/ unlimited text and data plan along with asurion coverage and I just upgraded in September after a year with a Tour. I've attached the flier I got, well, the important parts anyway.

Reactions: Friend-O

Bats

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded day one on a sub account. Last week i received the flyer in the mail saying that i could upgrade that particular number, (too late). My kids wanted the Thunderbolt also, so i talked my wife into buying one full price if i got the other. So while we were waiting at Verizon she decides to call CS,spoke with them for a moment and they gave us two early upgrades. Those two numbers were not due until Nov. Since we got the upgrades and saved a few dollars we went to BB and got her one for full price, (price matched) for $599. So call CS and they should be able to work with you.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
as Bats said, I would just call them up and see what they can do for you. the worst they can do is say no. good luck!

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

I got the flier a few days ago as well.
Individual plan with unlimited minutes, text and data, no coporate discounts.
I'm just past my 20-month mark on the contract so I'm eligible to upgrade regardless of this promotion.
They sent me a similar flier back in January trying to get me to upgrade to a droid pro...luckily I didn't bite.
Thinking of going with the TBolt one-year upgrade since VZW just announced the plan to kill that option.

Kcoolby

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there a coupon code you guys can provide? I talked to a rep, trying to get my father's account to upgrade with this deal. However, the rep from the 1800 number had no idea what I was talking about. She said if there was a coupon code or someway to identify the coupon she can look into it. However, dont post your barcode on here since someone can just use the barcode of your coupon.

What i'm trying to do is get them to extend the same offer to me, so I need some way to identify the specific coupon offer.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I would have to guess that this might apply to more people than we think. I did not receive a flyer. I instead called tech support for an unrelated issue with my 3G mifi. I was transferred to tier2 tech and he told me about the promotion with the 4G devices. Since i was having trouble with my mifi mobile hotspot he said a 4g one could be easier than fixing the issues on this older one. So since i have a DX and Thunderbolt on 2 lines i figured might as well get an updated 4G hotspot. I have since yesterday received it. I had no clue about this so they might take case by case if you call in with an issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays