Speck candy shell grip

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I am a big fan of the speck candy shell cases, but i always hated how the black ones had the grey grips and edging.

Happy to say the black ones for the note 7 are black and black, and it looks so much better! Gives the phone am over all better look than having grey on it.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I just looked and my grip case covers two holes as well.
The phone is plenty loud though so i am not gonna go cutting on it lol!!

Heck it might even be what is makimg it louder lol !!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Got the black grip version today..had speck cases earlier as well and liked them a lot. The full black on the onyx black looks

9b04b36c51aa144b250480e67123b094.jpg

66f45e6c2d50d490730c407481dde209.jpg

c5aad0cf1494817329fc2a13817acf7f.jpg

a85163245b1089af99bc5872843ecfad.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
As far as covering couple of speaker holes, honestly can't make any difference in sound with it covered or not covered. So it should be fine, they just wanted to put a wider s-pen hole I think. Also, mostly listen with headphones or connected to Bluetooth devices so doesn't bother me that much.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Additional note, I have got bunch of cases 3 Spigen, tech 21 eco frame and this speck grip case. Out of all them speck thought thru the s-pen cutout. Super easy to take out and put in because of the wide cutout unlike others which is little tricky to take out the s-pen.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I emailed Speck about the covered speaker port. Apparently Samsung approved this partially covered design!

"Thanks for reaching out to us! We are well aware that the design of the case covers the speaker port. This design was intentional to add extra protection to the device and make the case more robust and durable. In order to not lose any sound quality with this design, we’ve added a cutout inside the case which is our speaker re-direct feature. Essentially, it’s a cavity cutout inside the case, that redirects the sound from the speaker that is being covered, to outside of the case, towards the user.

Please know that we are a member of the Samsung’s SMAPP program. Samsung inspects and fit tests all of our cases to ensure that our cases work perfectly with the device and no features of the device our hindered by our cases. As Samsung does with all of our cases, Samsung approved this case and recognizes that our case doesn’t impede the sound coming out of the speaker."

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I emailed Speck about the covered speaker port. Apparently Samsung approved this partially covered design!

"Thanks for reaching out to us! We are well aware that the design of the case covers the speaker port. This design was intentional to add extra protection to the device and make the case more robust and durable. In order to not lose any sound quality with this design, we’ve added a cutout inside the case which is our speaker re-direct feature. Essentially, it’s a cavity cutout inside the case, that redirects the sound from the speaker that is being covered, to outside of the case, towards the user.

Please know that we are a member of the Samsung’s SMAPP program. Samsung inspects and fit tests all of our cases to ensure that our cases work perfectly with the device and no features of the device our hindered by our cases. As Samsung does with all of our cases, Samsung approved this case and recognizes that our case doesn’t impede the sound coming out of the speaker."

Thats awesome. I emailed Speck as well! they gave me the same answer... i am now using a speck grip case...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac