Speeding up phone? Over clock?

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I have heard from people and seen random posts about people speeding up their phones after rooting. I'm curious how it's done and is it dangerous? Also I hear people state their battery life is significantly changed for the better post root. Is that a process as well? Always curious to mod my phone. Thanks guys and gals

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have heard from people and seen random posts about people speeding up their phones after rooting. I'm curious how it's done and is it dangerous? Also I hear people state their battery life is significantly changed for the better post root. Is that a process as well? Always curious to mod my phone. Thanks guys and gals

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't mess with sud our phones are plenty fast. Even Chaifire (made the exynos abuse app) does not over clock his device and he is like a super hacker. If he doesn't feel the need I don't think we should bother. It could potentially cause more problems than it would benefit you.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
On slightly older phones like the Galaxy Nexus I did it a lot but on this phone or even the Galaxy S3 I didn't see a need to overclock. This phone is fast enough. Why make it unstable, even if its only a little unstable, just to overclock it to see minimal improvement if anything. Personally in my experience, overclocking the CPU just causes unnecessary problems.