Splanner

Vondutch67

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

Thanks to the wonderful people on these forums, I picked up my Note 2 today. So far, it's fantastic and all of the enthusiasm displayed in the posts within this forum are, to my mind, completely justified.

I have encountered one, odd, thing: One of the best parts of TouchWiz (for me) is the S-Planner widget. I have a distinct memory of seeing the large calendar-page widget when I first saw the phone at my local corporate store however, I'm not able to create that widget on my new Note 2. I'm not running a custom launcher and have done a reset on the device twice now (in an attempt to ensure that I'm running stock everything).

My question then is: is my memory failing me or is there not an S-Planner widget that displays a full-size calendar widget on the Note 2?

Thank you all, again, for the wonderful information that's shared on this forum, your posts (and enthusiasm) were a tremendous help to me while deciding which new Android phone to get.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So it happwns Verizon in their infinite wisdom and generosity disabled this widget. But I say screw the man and take matters into your own hands. We can root your device and simply use a version from a note 2 variant. I can get you the files and instructions later on tonight if you like. All you have to in the mean time is root and that is easier than ever at the moment.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=235878
[App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Droid, I am still hesitant to root my device but as a newbie would you recommend this one click way or the original one from your previous instructions/thread?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Droid, I am still hesitant to root my device but as a newbie would you recommend this one click way or the original one from your previous instructions/thread?
For now yes this is as Easy as it gets. With the added benefit of patching the security hole. This is in fact safer in that respect than being stock. If Samsung however patches this hole then the app will be invalid and old way will be needed.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
if i follow your directions I am not at danger of bricking? Maybe I'll wait for your video!

I have not heard of it happening with this Method. I Also believe it's highly unlikely to happen. But I won't guarantee it wont. But if it does we can most likely get you back up and running again. Chainfire is a highly respected and well known developer/Hacker .if I'm going to trust in someone it would be him

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have not heard of it happening with this Method. I Also believe it's highly unlikely to happen. But I won't guarantee it wont. But if it does we can most likely get you back up and running again. Chainfire is a highly respected and well known developer/Hacker .if I'm going to trust in someone it would be him

It is easy to download install and press a button

secondandonly

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
it's simple and virtually risk free, and previous comment was right about you being safer than stock with the security patch.

In the end though, any mod is a risk, you need to be comfortable with what you are attempting and the only way to do that is to read, watch videos, learn who the experts are so you can beg for help should something go wrong.

Don't blame anyone else if something goes wrong, the devs work hard and post many warnings. As long as you are actually educated and read through some posts you should feel fine. read twice, flash once. In this case though, all you have to do is install the apk and press a single button.

Amazing.

Vondutch67

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
G-D Verizon :(

Thank you very much for the advice DroidXcon, I appreciate it. I, too, am reluctant to root though given my bizarre affection for Samsung's S-Planner, I may give it a try.

Thanks again!

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Im more worried with the non experience with android lingo. Kernel? APK? Odin? Its why I am waiting for a friend to come help me who is a long time android guy.

Edit: I noticed apk was underlined and it says android package. haha. Time to google.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
G-D Verizon :(

Thank you very much for the advice DroidXcon, I appreciate it. I, too, am reluctant to root though given my bizarre affection for Samsung's S-Planner, I may give it a try.

Thanks again!
Downloading AT&T system dump for GN2 now , then ill try to apply it to my phone and see if it works. If it does ill post a tutorial for you or anyone else who wants it

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The calendar widget can be stretched to fit the full screen. It may not be what you are looking for but it did the trick for me. I cannot root due to a restriction from a work app.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The calendar widget can be stretched to fit the full screen. It may not be what you are looking for but it did the trick for me. I cannot root due to a restriction from a work app.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
I bet they would let you root if they knew about the big gapeing security hole there was and that rooting is the only way to plug it at the moment.... but dont try that approach lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
e2yjy2ad.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haroonseo