Spotify automatically resumes playing through phone

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
A completely sporadic issue that happens where Spotify will resume playing through the phone after disconnecting it from AA. I've tried clean uninstalling AA and Spotify, cache clearing, disabling all sorts of settings relating to anything auto, have tried many experiments physically with the phone and headunit, nothing has been working.

I have seen another user report that this also happens with other local file music players as well. There have been times where I've gone as far as 21 consecutive disconnects without the bug occurring, but that is as far as it's gone.

I cannot reproduce this as the bug is too random.

I am using a Galaxy A23 5G with a JVC KWM750BT, always keep my AA and Spotify up to date. This is an issue that has been occurring for a very long time.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is a Spotify bug that they haven't been able to kill (gets solved and pops back up every now and then. Happens with some smartwatches too. Most likely it's an AA issue as well, but we know that's buggy AF.

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
I had/have the same issue with Spotify. I reported the feedback. No reply. However it hasn't done it on several weeks now.
Not to burst your bubble but will eventually; give it time. I went 2 weeks with it being perfect (twice a day Monday through Friday as I go to/come from work) before it started acting up again.

mimichelle13

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
Not to burst your bubble but will eventually; give it time. I went 2 weeks with it being perfect (twice a day Monday through Friday as I go to/come from work) before it started acting up again.
It did, were talked it up. It went months and was fine. Then it did it again only once. Grr.. lol

mimichelle13

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
Here's the latest with Spotify for my phone. Any time i hook up to a different auto or it's updated or i clear my cache it will change the setting from playing songs in order to shuffle. Every time without fail.. lol so silly

Meckles

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
That sounds like a frustrating issue with Spotify and Android Auto. It's odd that the problem persists despite trying various troubleshooting steps. Have you reached out to Spotify or Android Auto support for assistance? Sometimes they can provide specific solutions or updates that address these kinds of issues.On another note, if you're into Spotify and looking to explore more about music promotion or discover new tracks, you should check out https://songlifty.com/spotify-promotion/. They offer Spotify promotion services designed to help artists gain more visibility and reach a wider audience.

Last edited:

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
That sounds like a frustrating issue with Spotify and Android Auto. It's odd that the problem persists despite trying various troubleshooting steps. Have you reached out to Spotify or Android Auto support for assistance? Sometimes they can provide specific solutions or updates that address these kinds of issues.

I have tried many various different outlets including the official sites for both, got absolutely no real help other than a bunch of other people saying that had the same issue. However as it appears I hadn't seemed to have said anything here, I have had this issue resolved long ago; it just did so on its own terms, no idea what happened or if it was fixed in an update.

However it does auto play if you go into Spotify on your phone while it's paused. My IRL best friend has the same issue too.

I really honestly can't stand how buggy both of these apps tend to be.