Spotify Player showing up in Quick Panel and no idea how to get rid of it. Help??

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Donm long press Spotify>tap info>tap notifications>tap catagories>toggle off playback View attachment 346873

But in the beginning I disabled Show notifications off which should include Notifications categories but it continued to show player after restart.I also did later go there and toggle ecverythung in Notifications categories off too and tested.

creating the widget in Nova to access the Media Settings definitely took care of it. Don’t know what triggered the Pin media player switch on. I paired one of Sony earbuds back and played music and played with the Sony app and all still ok. I’ll pair back my Jabras and test too. I see I still had Nova Prime so decided to keep Nova installed and play with it and I’ll have the widget on my Nova if I need it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But in the beginning I disabled Show notifications off which should include Notifications categories but it continued to show player after restart.I also did later go there and toggle ecverythung in Notifications categories off too and tested.

creating the widget in Nova to access the Media Settings definitely took care of it. Don’t know what triggered the Pin media player switch on. I paired one of Sony earbuds back and played music and played with the Sony app and all still ok. I’ll pair back my Jabras and test too. I see I still had Nova Prime so decided to keep Nova installed and play with it and I’ll have the widget on my Nova if I need it.
Yeah strange, ok

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I think I found the lost setting It's hidden but it can be accessed with an app with access to the Activities, like Nova launcher. The option is called 'Pin media player'. Do you want to try?

This is the Activity to access the hidden menu.

View attachment 346824

Hi - I was wondering if you could help direct me in how to do this? I use Nova Launcher but I can't follow your instructions correctly I guess. I see the Nova Activities widget but that is just a long list that does not include the one you show. (@strings/media_controls_title). Do I need to create that activity? If yes, I don't see how to do that in Nova. I just have the pre-existing long list of activities and don't see how to create a new one. What are the required steps?

If that is not what I need to do, maybe you can just list the steps needed to get to "Pin Media Player". Step one> step 2> step 3> etc. Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi - I was wondering if you could help direct me in how to do this? I use Nova Launcher but I can't follow your instructions correctly I guess. I see the Nova Activities widget but that is just a long list that does not include the one you show. (@strings/media_controls_title). Do I need to create that activity? If yes, I don't see how to do that in Nova. I just have the pre-existing long list of activities and don't see how to create a new one. What are the required steps?

If that is not what I need to do, maybe you can just list the steps needed to get to "Pin Media Player". Step one> step 2> step 3> etc. Thanks!
I'm not sure if Samsung removed that Activity in recent updates (including Beta versions). Which model and OneUI version are you using? In previous versions is under Nova Activities - scroll down until you find 'Settings' - expand that section and it's one of the first options (see my screenshot). If you can't find it in that list there's no way to add it.Screenshot_20221013_230545.jpg

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if Samsung removed that Activity in recent updates (including Beta versions). Which model and OneUI version are you using? In previous versions is under Nova Activities - scroll down until you find 'Settings' - expand that section and it's one of the first options (see my screenshot). If you can't find it in that list there's no way to add it.

Thanks! That helped. I found it and switched it off and that stopped the playback notification. It was frustrating not only because I don't want it, but the song in the notification was something played a few weeks, and about 500 songs ago! It is a bit crazy that it is hidden so deep and only in Nova. I imagine a lot of folks would want to turn that off.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if there is one for the Secured Folder and turn on allow notifications on startup/restarts.

Not the end of the world but annoying that you get notified at startups you need to unlock go into secured folders at least once to allow notifications.

Two security updates later and still broken or no update to Secured Folder app.

I'm not sure if Samsung removed that Activity in recent updates (including Beta versions). Which model and OneUI version are you using? In previous versions is under Nova Activities - scroll down until you find 'Settings' - expand that section and it's one of the first options (see my screenshot). If you can't find it in that list there's no way to add it.View attachment 349316

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if there is one for the Secured Folder and turn on allow notifications on startup/restarts.

Not the end of the world but annoying that you get notified at startups you need to unlock go into secured folders at least once to allow notifications.

Two security updates later and still broken or no update to Secured Folder app.
I can't help you with that. I don't use that feature and I wouldn't recommend a workaround for such a sensitive feature (if possible) without trying it first. Sorry.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! That helped. I found it and switched it off and that stopped the playback notification. It was frustrating not only because I don't want it, but the song in the notification was something played a few weeks, and about 500 songs ago! It is a bit crazy that it is hidden so deep and only in Nova. I imagine a lot of folks would want to turn that off.
Excellent, glad it helped. That notification setting was available for Samsung devices in previous Android versions. I guess most users, like myself, had it turned off and the selection was restored in their new device/version.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Had to do a factory erase of my phone recently and used Smart Switch and got everything pretty much back to how it was. Then the Spotify player issue came back and I had to use the fix mentioned here using Nova Launcher again and worked like a charm.

Just posting because I noticed one change and wanted to update this post in case others experience this and need the fix.

The string originally mentioned has been changed to just Media.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204_094306_Nova7.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204_094306_Nova7.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 28

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Had to do a factory erase of my phone recently and used Smart Switch and got everything pretty much back to how it was. Then the Spotify player issue came back and I had to use the fix mentioned here using Nova Launcher again and worked like a charm.

Just posting because I noticed one change and wanted to update this post in case others experience this and need the fix.

The string originally mentioned has been changed to just Media.
Thanks for heads up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz