sprint delayed SMS

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I dropped Sprint way back when the Nexus 4 first came to market after being with them for 10'ish years (seems that long, anyway).

But during the time I had Sprint, delayed SMS's were a constant issue no matter which phone I was using. And duplicates? Sometimes I would receive the same text dozens of times before it finally stopped.

Posted via the Android Central App

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I dropped Sprint way back when the Nexus 4 first came to market after being with them for 10'ish years (seems that long, anyway).

But during the time I had Sprint, delayed SMS's were a constant issue no matter which phone I was using. And duplicates? Sometimes I would receive the same text dozens of times before it finally stopped.

I'm talking about the N6 not years ago man.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Sprint service appears to vary depending on location. I've been with Sprint for 15 years in the Atlanta area and I have excellent service and fast LTE wherever I go. YMMV

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't think this is a sprint service issue. I believe its a radio / firmware issue

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm talking about the N6 not years ago man.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

I'm just saying, I have never had that problem with any carrier other than Sprint. A Sprint tech once told me that Sprint's servers expect an acknowledgement from the receiving device within an extremely short window and if not received, the server sends the text again. And again. And again.

So, while the N6 might be part of the problem, Sprint almost certainly shares part of the blame.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly