sprint forgot about the Evo ;(

sentinelly

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I havent seen no new update no tlk about the phone nothing at all .. and now with their price changing wtf! Sprint its becoming just like the rest of the cell copanies ... Lame ..

EvoJumper

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I havent seen no new update no tlk about the phone nothing at all .. and now with their price changing wtf! Sprint its becoming just like the rest of the cell copanies ... Lame ..

Actually, the Evo has been given as much, if not more love then any phone that I can think of. Next to the nexus line that is. Sprint and Htc have done a good (not great), but good job of updating the Evo over the last year and a few months. Since the phone is basically E.O.L now, you would expect to be S.O.L from now on with manufacture or carrier updates.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the Evo has been given as much, if not more love then any phone that I can think of. Next to the nexus line that is. Sprint and Htc have done a good (not great), but good job of updating the Evo over the last year and a few months. Since the phone is basically E.O.L now, you would expect to be S.O.L from now on with manufacture or carrier updates.

While I understand that it may be EOL I expect my subsidized device, that I cannot trade up for until next June, should be 100% supported.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I would agree that the phone is near its end with Sprint. The upcoming phones have bigger processors & more ram. People are looking for the bigger & better always. Even though the EVO is getting the boot, Im sure the phone can hang for the time to come. Devs will continue making things to amp up the phone.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If I can only figure out how to stretch my internal memory, I'd be totally ok with the EVO classic for another year.

- Sent from my HTC eVo with Tapatalk

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If I can only figure out how to stretch my internal memory, I'd be totally ok with the EVO classic for another year.
I completely agree with u man. I wish the internal memory was a bit bigger but I can hold out for a while till some good devices start coming. Hoping for a quad core device for Sprint.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Rooting it and installing a Rom without the sprint bloatware will free up internal memory

- Sent from my HTC eVo with Tapatalk

EvoJumper

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
While I understand that it may be EOL I expect my subsidized device, that I cannot trade up for until next June, should be 100% supported.

They are going to support it. Your just not going to see any android updates. 2.3.3 is as far as the phone will go, unless you root.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It's EOL for the users that want the latest/greatest but there are still people who bargain buy in today's economy. People are still buying this used and new because it's still a great phone. Yeah, it's slower and less powerful than an SGS2 or a Photon but it holds its own.

I'm holding on to this until the end of my contract but I don't know what I'm getting next.

Shark_On_Land

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Nexus s has 2.3.7 gasp!?

I have an evo that I use as a dev phone, and its been good to me. I really enjoyed using it for the first year before the nexus s 4g dropped on sprint. I run synergy on the evolution. And stock 2.3.7 on the nexus. Google wallet ftw!

I really do hope that the next flagship HTC has nfc. That will really make it a standard.

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
But the devs have us up to Sense 3.5 or GB 2.3.5....take your pick!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

This is what I don't understand....The devs can come up with all this great stuff for the phone but HTC and/or Sprint can't or won't, all they come up with is excuses as to why they can't do it.

I would like to have all this stuff on my phone without having to go through the rooting process. I am still on 2.2 today because of all the problems everyone else is still having even after the last update and I have only had my phone for 1 year.

HamRadioNut :confused:

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
This phone is well over a year old, why would you be hearing a lot of talk about it from sprint. Sprint and htc have done alot for this phone and now with gingerbread, this phone is awesome. So awesome that I don't see the need to upgrade right now. This, hands down is one of the best android phones out there still!

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It is still a good phone but being that new phones are receiving some heavy duty upgrades the evo has its days counted on the circuit. With dual cores coming in fresh & moving into the quad cores its gonna be hard for it to keep up but either way like i said i dont care a good phone is a good phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor