Sprint LG G2 been active for 10 Days now... a little feedback

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm floundering between being happy and unhappy with this phone. I'm sure some of that frustration comes from a lack of familiarity with Android phones, but I know I'm not to blame for everything.

- My Email doesn't seem to want to update

- My Caller ID doesn't work for incoming calls, yet works for outgoing calls, plus incoming/outgoing text messages.

- I got a QuickWindows case (the "book" type) and while I can talk on the phone with the case closed, I can't listen to voicemail with the case closed. The moment I close the case, my voicemail disconnects. FAIL.

- I was having issues with connections to 4G/LTE. That was a network issue, which has since been resolved.

- I can't get any programs to work which will enable me to import or export music to my phone from a Mac, other than for Android File Transfer, which only works when it wants to. I've tried Airdroid and while that works, it doesn't allow me to add more than one song to the phone at a time. In other words, I can't just click on the name of an album, then download the entire thing, I have to do it song by song; BAND > ALBUM > SONG. This is very annoying. I watched a few YouTube videos of this being done and nobody else seemed to have a problem.

Other than these issues, the phone is great. I like it better than my iPhone, but these screw-ups are just really irritating me, especially the one with the Caller ID. While this isn't a big deal in itself, we've all been there when someone we really don't wanna talk to winds up on the other line, and then we just can't seem to get them off the phone. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing who's on the other line, as every call is coming up as "Unknown," so I'm playing Russian-Roulette. I don't like playing Russian-Roulette. :mad:

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you loaded up Google Wallet and tried tap and pay with NFC?

I have Wallet installed, but have not been able to get it to work to pay anything. Probably just me, but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

You're not doing anything wrong. The G2 doesn't have the feature quite yet. It's a KitKat thing. When the G2 gets the 4.4 ota it will be available.

Posted From My Sprint Samsung Nexus S via Android Central App

Jawbox

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
With airdroid, can you create a playlist and sync that to the phone? It's what I've done with doubletwist/airtwist. I'm actually not certain. Personally I've uplaoded all my music and podcasts to Google Play music and just use that. I find it to be a much better solution.

I'm not sure what you use for mail, but it might have a setting for how often it goes to check mail. Check the settings.

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm floundering between being happy and unhappy with this phone. I'm sure some of that frustration comes from a lack of familiarity with Android phones, but I know I'm not to blame for everything.

- My Email doesn't seem to want to update

- My Caller ID doesn't work for incoming calls, yet works for outgoing calls, plus incoming/outgoing text messages.

- I got a QuickWindows case (the "book" type) and while I can talk on the phone with the case closed, I can't listen to voicemail with the case closed. The moment I close the case, my voicemail disconnects. FAIL.

- I was having issues with connections to 4G/LTE. That was a network issue, which has since been resolved.

- I can't get any programs to work which will enable me to import or export music to my phone from a Mac, other than for Android File Transfer, which only works when it wants to. I've tried Airdroid and while that works, it doesn't allow me to add more than one song to the phone at a time. In other words, I can't just click on the name of an album, then download the entire thing, I have to do it song by song; BAND > ALBUM > SONG. This is very annoying. I watched a few YouTube videos of this being done and nobody else seemed to have a problem.

Other than these issues, the phone is great. I like it better than my iPhone, but these screw-ups are just really irritating me, especially the one with the Caller ID. While this isn't a big deal in itself, we've all been there when someone we really don't wanna talk to winds up on the other line, and then we just can't seem to get them off the phone. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing who's on the other line, as every call is coming up as "Unknown," so I'm playing Russian-Roulette. I don't like playing Russian-Roulette. :mad:

For the Air droid issue, try using https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.dooblou.WiFiFileExplorerPRO&token=T6BnPiaw. I bought it and it works very well for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia