Sprint Security Update

king

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone on Sprint received a security update since May 1st? Other carriers have released two updates since then and I'm starting to feel left out. :(

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone on Sprint received a security update since May 1st? Other carriers have released two updates since then and I'm starting to feel left out. :(
I too haven't received anything since the May 1st update and I've been wondering the same thing.
Thank you for posting the question.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I received mine yesterday but I am not sure what it brought as far as changes other than the security updates.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure when my phone became unlocked because I never requested it and it was locked to Sprint, but I don't have the latest update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180808-204047_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180808-204047_Settings.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 27

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
yes. and that's why the difference. thank you. those of us who are locked have to wait for Sprint to finish futzing around with it. smh

My update came from Sprint, not Samsung. I say this because I have a spring unit that was unlocked by Sprint for international use but I only receive Sprint updates. I am sure it is a matter of time as they normally roll out the updates in increments.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My update came from Sprint, not Samsung. I say this because I have a spring unit that was unlocked by Sprint for international use but I only receive Sprint updates. I am sure it is a matter of time as they normally roll out the updates in increments.

right. it still has to come from Sprint but because you're unlocked, as I understand it, you don't have a lot of the carrier bloat and extra stuff that the locked folks have. it's the bloat and bs that takes the extra time. if I stay with Samsung, I hope to get an unlocked model next time.

I don't care that I'm only on May. I'm just fascinated how things are done and how updates are rolled out.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
right. it still has to come from Sprint but because you're unlocked, as I understand it, you don't have a lot of the carrier bloat and extra stuff that the locked folks have. it's the bloat and bs that takes the extra time. if I stay with Samsung, I hope to get an unlocked model next time.

I don't care that I'm only on May. I'm just fascinated how things are done and how updates are rolled out.

I bought my S8 from Samsung but I bought the Sprint model, not the unlocked. After receiving it, I had Sprint unlock it for me but the model I have is the Sprint model. I hope that clarifies it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce