Sprint to get the Nexus3(prime) 1st??

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys think Sprint will get the next Nexus phone first? I was thinking about getting the Evo 3d but I think Im going to wait. The Sprint Nexus seems to get 2.3.5 before anyone else and Google voice integrated with Sprint.

WHat ya guys think?

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No way of knowing right now. Ideally I would like to see all four major carriers get the Nexus Three/Prime right away.

Sent from my HTC Droid Nexus using Tapatalk.

Merc25

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
No way of knowing right now. Ideally I would like to see all four major carriers get the Nexus Three/Prime right away.

Sent from my HTC Droid Nexus using Tapatalk.

Exactly hopefully Google launches the next Nexus on all carriers at the same time...tho as a VZW customer I am not holding my breath.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Exactly hopefully Google launches the next Nexus on all carriers at the same time...tho as a VZW customer I am not holding my breath.

Neither am I. Current rumors are that all the major carriers, including Verizon, will carry the next Nexus phone, but frankly I'll believe it when I see it. Verizon likes to do they're own thing when it comes to Android, and for some reason the don't seem to want to carry the Nexus phones.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Only time will tell. The releases of past nexus phone saw a release of a tmobile compatable phone first. With both the nexus 1 and nexus s. History would say that will happen with the 3rd one but, who knows.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
There's 6.95 billion people (potential Android developers) on earth.
Over 98% of them can't use Sprint.

Quadband GSM makes the most sense, and I'm pretty certain that's what we will keep seeing.

The possibility of a simultaneous GSM+AWS and Sprint CDMA release sounds very possible.

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
hopefully they will release on all the major carriers at the same time, but if that doesn't happen, then sprint and t-mobile will get it first. I say this because t-mobile's gotten the nexuses first since the nexus one, and sprint is cozying up to google, with the google voice integration and such

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
There's 6.95 billion people (potential Android developers) on earth.
Over 98% of them can't use Sprint.

Quadband GSM makes the most sense, and I'm pretty certain that's what we will keep seeing.

The possibility of a simultaneous GSM+AWS and Sprint CDMA release sounds very possible.

I'll go ahead and clarify right now that I am in no way, now or ever, a potential Android developer.... te he he

HeavemyTreo

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Sprint store today, I am looking for the Samsung Galaxy S2 which I think is the phone you are talking about? I am a Pre user and have finally decided to become a Droidee. I got the Sprint Evo 3D offer from Sprint for $199 minus a $60 credit to extend my contract. After reading some stuff on the S2 I think its the phone I want, is this the Nexus you were speaking of? The Pre site is really dead, I used to check it every day, guess I will come over the the Grey Side, meaning less than the Dark Side (Apple) :). Looking forward to becoming an active Droidee or whatever I - we are called?

Do you guys think Sprint will get the next Nexus phone first? I was thinking about getting the Evo 3d but I think Im going to wait. The Sprint Nexus seems to get 2.3.5 before anyone else and Google voice integrated with Sprint.

WHat ya guys think?

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Sprint store today, I am looking for the Samsung Galaxy S2 which I think is the phone you are talking about? I am a Pre user and have finally decided to become a Droidee. I got the Sprint Evo 3D offer from Sprint for $199 minus a $60 credit to extend my contract. After reading some stuff on the S2 I think its the phone I want, is this the Nexus you were speaking of? The Pre site is really dead, I used to check it every day, guess I will come over the the Grey Side, meaning less than the Dark Side (Apple) :). Looking forward to becoming an active Droidee or whatever I - we are called?

The Samsung Galaxy SII and the next nexus are two different devices. The galaxy should be out next month and has been released worldwide, quickly becoming the fastest selling phone ever. Will be on all 4 carriers guaranteed

The nexus will be out Q4 of this year with Android 4.0. No guarantees on carriers.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Lets hope for a phone that unites the different factions in Android and releases on all carriers at the same time, lets not play the nanner nanner I got it first game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeera