sprint vs Verizon galaxy nexus

Dylan Page

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have sprint. But when I shop cases a lot of the cases and accessories I like shows Verizon (i9250 I think) my phone is l700. Are they the same demenisions?

If not where can I find a metallic or aluminum brush case for the sprint version. Seems like way more to offer for Verizon.

Also what's with so many different nexus. I seen something about the gsm device and Google nexus. Samsung s nexus etc.
Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
The i9250 is the GSM version. I think the Verizon is I515 or something like that. That being said the Verizon cases will fit better due to the late models being slightly thicker than the gsm. XDA has a nice compatibility thread in the galaxy accessories forum and should let you know how the cases fit ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What is gsm. Is that like att and T-Mobile phones

GSM would be the AT&T/T-Mobile (basically using a SIM card). CDMA is your Sprint/Verizon. The CDMA version (i515/L700) is a little thicker. The i9250 is a little thinner, causing the 3 pins on the side to not line up on the CDMA versions for accessories.

You mentioned the different Nexi, There was the Nexus One (first generation), Nexus S (2nd gen), Nexus S 4g (2nd gen, Sprint version), Galaxy Nexus (3rd generation), Galaxy Nexus LTE (Sprint/Verizon version), Nexus 4 (4th gen, currently only available in GSM), Nexus 7 (7" tablet, 1st generation), Nexus 10 (2nd generation, 10" tablet [is this even out yet?])

Dylan Page

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
GSM would be the AT&T/T-Mobile (basically using a SIM card). CDMA is your Sprint/Verizon. The CDMA version (i515/L700) is a little thicker. The i9250 is a little thinner, causing the 3 pins on the side to not line up on the CDMA versions for accessories.

I'm glad you brought up the 3 prongs. What was the purpose of them?

Ethan Grimes

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you brought up the 3 prongs. What was the purpose of them?

Basically a proprietary charging solution so that you don't have to plug in the use cable to charge on desktop or car docks. Biggest problem was that Samsung dropped the ball and accessories that used them were few and far between.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Basically a proprietary charging solution so that you don't have to plug in the use cable to charge on desktop or car docks. Biggest problem was that Samsung dropped the ball and accessories that used them were few and far between.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I think the biggest problem was probably more the price point. How many people are really willing to drop $90 :confused: for basically a charger? I'd love to have 2 or 3 of them but not at that price. I'm sure if they were more reasonable then they would've sold better & then Samsung would've pushed the usage and accessories more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332