Sprints new return policy

bobby james

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a Nexus S with a new contract from Best Buy on 8/29 and don't like it much. Horrible reception and no wifi in my house. I was planning on returning it Friday 9/16 for the Epic Touch but I read on phandroid that Sprint is changing their return policy to 14 days effective 9/16. Will this mean I can't return my Nexus S even though I signed the contract while the policy was still 30 days? I just called Sprint and the guy I spoke to had no clue about the policy change.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
If the Sprint guy had no clue about the policy change...you'll have no issues. Regardless of that, you agreed under 30 day terms, so they have to honor that.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I just asked a friend who works at a corporate store and as far as he knows, this is not the case at all.

And no, he can't get me my phone before Friday :)

madkraze

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
That would usually mean, purchases from Sept 16, will have the new return policy. You should be good, just check with the store again before Friday.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Even if they change it, you'll still be under the terms of your purchase. If you have your receipt, you should see it showing 30 days to return the device. They must honor the terms from the date you purchased the phone. It's kind of like the same way that when they change contract terms, prices or plans, only new subscribers or renewals are affected.

bobby james

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
That's what I figured, just making sure because when I read that I got a little worried. I've been hyped for this phone for a couple weeks now. Just don't wanna be stuck with this Nexus S.

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
If they tell me on Friday that if i buy the phone right there that the new 14-day policy goes into effect, I think i'm gonna have to wait a few weeks...ESPECIALLY since Sprint has a "Strategic Update" event on Oct. 7th.

EDIT FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO NEED TO KNOW

SPRINT HAS A "STRATEGY UPDATE" EVENT ON OCT. 7 WHICH JUST HAPPENS TO BE 21 DAYS FROM THE EPIC 4G TOUCH RELEASE.

Last edited:

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
There might be a problem!

I just 'pre-ordered' my Samsung a week ago, but it's not registered as a sale until they ship it out, which is Friday!

Rob

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
So, what if i go into the sprint store today (Thursday) and sign a new 2-year contract, but not use my upgrade. Then come back on Friday to use my upgrade to get the Epic Touch,

You thik they'd still give me the 30 days since i signed the contract before they officially changed it?

matchesmalone

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
If they tell me on Friday that if i buy the phone right there that the new 14-day policy goes into effect, I think i'm gonna have to wait a few weeks...ESPECIALLY since Sprint has a "Strategic Update" event on Oct. 7th.

I'm thinking the same thing. I've been holding off on upgrading my launch day EVO OG, and intended to get one of these Friday. However, there is just so much on the horizon for the next month or so, that I was hoping to have the 30 day buffer just so I had a few more options. The Sprint event mentioned is on the 7th, the iPhone 5 will probably be coming (I'm an Android guy, but if they really come out with a showstopper I'd consider it), the mysterious Sprint employee blackout for a "major phone" launch (which is probably the iphone, but who knows), ICS is coming in either October or November, etc.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So, what if i go into the sprint store today (Thursday) and sign a new 2-year contract, but not use my upgrade. Then come back on Friday to use my upgrade to get the Epic Touch,

You thik they'd still give me the 30 days since i signed the contract before they officially changed it?

when you use your upgrade your contract will be resigned on the 16th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe