Stable customizable ROM for Sensation

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
My wifi is no longer working; keep displaying obtaining IP address from XXXX… (My wifi network) and disconnected over and over, any workaround.

How do I stop my phone from syncing automatically when connected with HTC sync?

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
My battery provided 6H 26m 59s from 100% down to 1%. Display was 85%, Voice calls 4%, Wi-Fi 4% Cell standby 3% Maps and phone idle 2% each

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Is it okay to upgrade to 0.5 or wait

It's working great for me.

My wifi is no longer working; keep displaying obtaining IP address from XXXX… (My wifi network) and disconnected over and over, any workaround.

How do I stop my phone from syncing automatically when connected with HTC sync?

I had that happen with a router once too (Apple Airport Express). I thought it was my phone, but then I realized my Windows 7 wouldn't connect either. Try updating your router firmware or messing with the settings. Using a static IP address is probably a good quick fix.

Never had any use for HTC Sync so I never installed it. If you don't need it, uninstall it. If you do need it, I'm sure there is a setting on the phone or on the computer that can disable auto syncing.

My battery provided 6H 26m 59s from 100% down to 1%. Display was 85%, Voice calls 4%, Wi-Fi 4% Cell standby 3% Maps and phone idle 2% each

Did you calibrate your battery as I previously mentioned? FWIW I'm using an extended battery that I got for $15 and I get over 12 hours of use now (Anker 1900 mAh).

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Wi-Fi issue is only on my sensation, every other system I have is able to connect to my network, I have change to my extra router and still getting same result. The only thing I can recall that happened before experiencing this issue was installing ROM manager and it updated my ClockworkMod recovery to 4.0.1.5, my signal kind of is affected too (not as strong as it was when I first flashed).

I did calibrate/reset my battery via advance option first, I will appreciate if you can share the extended battery brand that gives up to 12hours so I can get already tested and reliable brand.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you ever successfully connected to WiFi?

That version of Clockwork is known to cause charging issues while the phone is off for some users. Test if you are having this issue here. If you are having the charging issue, flash a different version of Clockwork here.

Brand: Anker. Capacity: 1900 mAh.

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever successfully connected to WiFi?

That version of Clockwork is known to cause charging issues while the phone is off for some users. Test if you are having this issue here. If you are having the charging issue, flash a different version of Clockwork here.

Brand: Anker. Capacity: 1900 mAh.

Sure, before the ClockworkMod update my sensation Wi-Fi connection was strong and very stable

Thanks for sharing the battery brand.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Haven't heard of Clockwork causing WiFI problems, but try installing v4.0.1.4 (link is in my previous post) and see if it makes a difference.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Awesome - glad you got it resolved! And you can uninstall ROM Manager now, because that version of 4.0.1.4 is a custom version that ROM Manager doesn't like (it will say Clockwork is not installed and will want to flash 4.0.1.5 for you). Nothing you can do with ROM Manager that you can't do manually though, so no big loss.

Reactions: wcoast

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What will you suggest in replace of HTC Sync, I only use sync to sync in contact with outlook and install apps

If you need HTC Sync, check the settings for it on your computer - there has to be a way to disable it for auto-syncing.

Do I need T-Mobile GPS config, if yes where can I get the 2.3.4 ver or do I use 2.3.3

Using 2.3.3 GPS config here and I'm getting up to 4 meter accuracy.

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I’m getting the application has stopped unexpectedly error message on WhatsApp, Superuser,Bloater, google voice and titanium backup.

After reboot, apps appears to work well but error reoccurs after couple of hours.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
What version of superuser are you using? Is it the beta 3 version? I was having force close issues on that version as well. For me I went into settings - applications - manage applications - all - superuser - and then click on clear data. You can try that on all the other apps that are force closing as well. Gives the app a fresh start. Just be aware you may loose any personal settings that you have made to those apps. Like for example after you clear data in superuser all your root apps will ask for root permission again.

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
What version of superuser are you using? Is it the beta 3 version? I was having force close issues on that version as well. For me I went into settings - applications - manage applications - all - superuser - and then click on clear data. You can try that on all the other apps that are force closing as well. Gives the app a fresh start. Just be aware you may loose any personal settings that you have made to those apps. Like for example after you clear data in superuser all your root apps will ask for root permission again.

Thanks, I'm using 2.3.6.3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech