stay away from google products

sentinelred

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
It's no dream. Consider for a few minutes about how much money and effort that Google puts into Android, improving it at least a few times a year and devoting so much of their developer conference to it. Also consider the fact that Google gives away just about everything to anyone that wants it, except for the obvious, like their physical products. Money doesn't grow on trees, not even for Google. Don't be one of those fools who thinks that Google is profit driven and careless about the feelings or opinions of it's users. Google isn't without fault, and who isn't, but it is still an amazing company.

whip it good

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Actually, OTA TV is not "free." It's paid for. Taxpayers pay to maintain the airwaves through our government. Commercial entities want to reach customers over the publicly paid for air waves, and the terms are that they provide those services at no extra money from consumers. OTA TV is a public benefit. It is no more "free" than driving on the road is "free." You still have to pay for the road, just as a taxpayer.
How often does the electromagnetic spectrum get repaved? I slept in the day they covered that in my electrical engineering classes. ;)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I beleive similar situations happend not only to Google, but for another compainies too. I think it is personal decision for everyone what company to choose.
If you are pissed off by Google - you can stop buying their products, android devices, and stop using google.com.
Lol. Ya, Bing is looking for people to use their search engine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
No
I love Android Like Just about everyone here but the majority of this post has been nothing but blind fanboyism....."Google Does Everything for Free" "You Just Had Bad Luck" or My Favorite "cool Story Bro", the OP Comes in here looking to vent a little because he had a bad experience and Most of you throw it to the side, if it doesn't Agree with you then just hit that back button in the browser and read something else, as far as Your Situation Goes @jjp2701 I really hope they solve something for you, and if you have the specific Department you are looking to contact then try doing an internet search see if anything comes up and I personally love My Nexus 4 as much as my GS3 but see why this would Sour the Experience with Google but Just wait till you actually try out that phone. :)
I get what you are saying but compare this to the multiple stories in many threads discussing RMA's and Google support and it has a bit of an odd sound to it. I'm not saying the OP is lying or a troll but many people jump to conclusions very quickly these days and expect much more than what is reasonable in an imperfect world. I find it hard to believe that the phone was delivered so wet that it impacted the phone yet the OP didn't notice this when they received the package. Maybe this was not the case but even if they didn't notice it I can't believe that Google would just snub their nose at them and not work to resolve it.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
How often does the electromagnetic spectrum get repaved? I slept in the day they covered that in my electrical engineering classes. ;)

Well I'm sure you were awake the day they covered the need for spectra to not get crossed with each other so that you don't accidentally listen in on someone else's calls... Spectrum may not need to be repaved but it does need to be kept track of and assigned ... Which also have costs. The analogy being covered was the use of a public resource.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Also, no disrespect intended whatsoever, but it is a little strange to come into an Android forum and advise people not to purchase Google products. Literally every person that will ever read this has already done so, it's too late. I think it's intended to be specific to hardware purchased from the Play store, but that's incredibly unclear in the title and originating post. The service in the Play Store is not up to par with current tech customer service and shipping offices, I agree. That being said, these are still some of the best products in existence and Google does go to lengths to try to ensure satisfaction. I'm sorry you had a poor experience and wish you luck getting it resolved. Please understand that your experiences with the RMA process seem not to be representative of the average experience and Google would probably greatly appreciate any constructive feedback you can give them by way of suggestions or details about your experiences that can help them grow as a hardware supplier.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Literally every person that will ever read this has already done so, it's too late.

I would disagree. I know there are users that browse these forums prior to switching to the Android/Google ecosystem or replacing their existing Android device with a different one. When threads like this are posted, it tells lurkers and guests who may be in a similar situation that they aren't entirely alone in their troubles. Also, consider users who are trying to order a Nexus 4 through the Play Store, for example, but have been unable to thus far.

It's an acknowledgement of the issues that Google has faced with the Play Store and Nexus device support system, and replies to threads like this help educate prospective owners about the purchasing, support, and return experiences ? both the good and the bad experiences.

Please understand that your experiences with the RMA process seem not to be representative of the average experience and Google would probably greatly appreciate any constructive feedback you can give them by way of suggestions or details about your experiences that can help them grow as a hardware supplier.

Well-said.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't be dense about what Google does for us.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

What does Google do for us? Just for us, with no intention of making a profit off it? Google is a huge company and they rake in money so fast they don't know what to do with it all. They didn't get that way by not being smart about what they do and how they market it. Google provides a lot of services, most of them pretty good. They have a catchy "Don't be evil" byword, which they sometimes forget about. But don't think for a minute that any time they offer a service or product that, even if it's in Google Labs, it hasn't been looked over by marketing and their financial people with the foremost question in their minds being "how can we make a profit from this?" Once you accept that, you will have a better idea why Google does business the way it does. They are in fact VERY smart, both technically and in business. The fact that there seems to be a very vocal Google fan base is a testament to that. And there isn't anything wrong with them making money. Money is what keeps Google alive and bringing out new toys for us. But to even imply that they do it because they just want to since it's cool and they want to make the world a better place is, well, a bit naive. I'm sure that some of that goes into their development thought processes among some of their people, and if the project goes forward and does in fact do some good, that's great. But the first thing on their mind at corporate level is "How can we monetize this?" It *has* to be. Or they will die and we will lose out.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
What does Google do for us? Just for us, with no intention of making a profit off it? Google is a huge company and they rake in money so fast they don't know what to do with it all. They didn't get that way by not being smart about what they do and how they market it. Google provides a lot of services, most of them pretty good. They have a catchy "Don't be evil" byword, which they sometimes forget about. But don't think for a minute that any time they offer a service or product that, even if it's in Google Labs, it hasn't been looked over by marketing and their financial people with the foremost question in their minds being "how can we make a profit from this?" Once you accept that, you will have a better idea why Google does business the way it does. They are in fact VERY smart, both technically and in business. The fact that there seems to be a very vocal Google fan base is a testament to that. And there isn't anything wrong with them making money. Money is what keeps Google alive and bringing out new toys for us. But to even imply that they do it because they just want to since it's cool and they want to make the world a better place is, well, a bit naive. I'm sure that some of that goes into their development thought processes among some of their people, and if the project goes forward and does in fact do some good, that's great. But the first thing on their mind at corporate level is "How can we monetize this?" It *has* to be. Or they will die and we will lose out.

Where does Google make money from Google voice? Besides changing your number over or making international calls everything else is free.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Where does Google make money from Google voice? Besides changing your number over or making international calls everything else is free.

Google voice makes money several ways;
They charge for international calls.
They place ads on their website.
They collect usage data and sell it.
They also drag you further into the Google collective.

I repeat - there is nothing wrong with any of this as long as you realize it. Google is the business of selling data on you, and populations. They are not Santa Claus. They collect data, mine it and sell it. Voice is another source of data and another income stream.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Google voice makes money several ways;
They charge for international calls.
They place ads on their website.
They collect usage data and sell it.
They also drag you further into the Google collective.

I repeat - there is nothing wrong with any of this as long as you realize it. Google is the business of selling data on you, and populations. They are not Santa Claus. They collect data, mine it and sell it. Voice is another source of data and another income stream.

I don't have a problem with data mining lol so each to their own

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Google is finding it hard to take you seriously, like myself, due to your poor Grammar as well as tween texting spelling habits.
I know I had to stop reading at a point because it was so bad.
If you want to be taken seriously, try being mature and professional. From what I have seen, you lack both,

Like I said I had to stop reading at a point, but if I received a parcel from Google in another Country and said parcel was wet. And the Product was wet.
That's not even Googles fault, I highly doubt they dipped your phone in water and packed it up and sent it out the door.

There is insurance on packages for a reason, go after the shipper. Google has no control of what happens after it leaves the warehouse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali