Still on EL29 rooted without CWM, and I want a diff ROM.What 2 do

nabril1569

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Like the subject says, I want to flash a rom (AOKP or DK Liquid Ice), but I am not sure what I need to do to get it. I am on EL29 rooted without CWM using Odin.

1) Do I need CWM to flash the new ROM, or do I just wipe what I have by flashing some new ROM?
2) My corp IT department will need a screenshot of my phone's Android version. What version will show for AOKP, for example? Android 4.04 or something else?

thank you

Jmuney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I prefer to use mobile Odin to flash el26 with cwm from the rooted el29. You can still boot and run your current ROM with that recovery.

Here is a pic of my phone running aosp jellybean alpha 5

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

third son

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Still on EL29 rooted without CWM, and I want a diff ROM.What

I using the exact same thing...

flash el26 (stock rooted) then CWM for el26 and then flashed the alpha 5....this thing is pretty darn cool....

Reactions: nabril1569

nabril1569

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Still on EL29 rooted without CWM, and I want a diff ROM.What

thanks guys, but android noob on this side.
So go back from el29 (gb) to el26 rooted, add CWM, and then flash whatever ROM I want?
My company wont let me be on JB, so I dont want a JB rom (hell, I dont even have ICS yet).

Is Mobile Odin the phone version of windows ODIN?

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
thanks guys, but android noob on this side.
So go back from el29 (gb) to el26 rooted, add CWM, and then flash whatever ROM I want?
My company wont let me be on JB, so I dont want a JB rom (hell, I dont even have ICS yet).

Is Mobile Odin the phone version of windows ODIN?

You would just need the el26 kernel that has been packed with cwm5 from chris41g. I would just get mobile Odin from xda. The guy chainfire has a lite version over there that will flash kernels. You make sure you download the el26cwm5.tar file. Do not get the .zip file. It won't work here. Yes mobile Odin is the phone version of the PC version. Except you cannot successfully flash a modem with it. Won't do any harm but won't do it. As well as a couple other files like pit.tar. mostly stuff that you can really do some damage with. All you do is open mobile Odin. Select kernel. Tell it where your kernel is. Remember if you can't find it, its probably because there was .tar.md5 instead of the normal .tar . So you can use a program like es file explorer to rename it. Just delete .md5 off the end of it. Leave the rest and save. Then go back to mobile Odin. Once you have loaded the kernel scroll all the way down and hit flash. It will ask to check md5. Click yes. It will reboot and you are done. Btw to change your notification icons rom toolbox pro does it. Or you can go to blu kuban where he damn near has a mod for everything

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe