Stock Recovery Image for LG Thrive

kpw09

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I've done lots of searches, and get close to an answer, but I have not been able to find or create an original recovery.img for the LG Thrive (P506) running Android 2.2.2.

I was able to root, flash ClockworkMod recovery, backup current ROM, experiment with Jelly Bean, update the recovery image (multiple times) using fastboot, and restore phone to (almost) Android 2.2.2. Everything works fine, but I want to be able to restore the stock recovery. Does anyone have (or can make) a recovery.img file from stock?

I understand the CM recovery is more comprehensive than the stock recovery, but the challenge of getting back to a complete stock phone is a helpful learning experience for me.

Thank you.

Ken

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I've done lots of searches, and get close to an answer, but I have not been able to find or create an original recovery.img for the LG Thrive (P506) running Android 2.2.2.

I was able to root, flash ClockworkMod recovery, backup current ROM, experiment with Jelly Bean, update the recovery image (multiple times) using fastboot, and restore phone to (almost) Android 2.2.2. Everything works fine, but I want to be able to restore the stock recovery. Does anyone have (or can make) a recovery.img file from stock?

I understand the CM recovery is more comprehensive than the stock recovery, but the challenge of getting back to a complete stock phone is a helpful learning experience for me.

Thank you.

Ken

There is no stock recovery that does what CWM does.

See here for a stock rom:
[ROM] LG Thrive P506 Stock FOTA 2.2.2 v11h - xda-developers

Have you tried installing ROM Manager and uninstalling CWM from there?

kpw09

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
There is no stock recovery that does what CWM does.

See here for a stock rom:
[ROM] LG Thrive P506 Stock FOTA 2.2.2 v11h - xda-developers

Have you tried installing ROM Manager and uninstalling CWM from there?

The .zip file file from XDA is not exactly stock and does not contain a recovery.img file, but I may be able to create one from it; I'll have to think about it.

I do have ROM Manager installed and running, but don't see an option to uninstall CWM from there. Perhaps I am missing something?

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
The .zip file file from XDA is not exactly stock and does not contain a recovery.img file, but I may be able to create one from it; I'll have to think about it.

I do have ROM Manager installed and running, but don't see an option to uninstall CWM from there. Perhaps I am missing something?

The stock recovery is extremely limited. It basicly interprets certain hardware key presses to determine which action to take. I believe the only option is a factory reset, which is "Power+Volume Up+Volume Down" holding them for 10 seconds. That is also from the phone being powered off. My Thrive hasn't been stock in quite some time.:p

kpw09

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
The stock recovery is extremely limited. It basicly interprets certain hardware key presses to determine which action to take. I believe the only option is a factory reset, which is "Power+Volume Up+Volume Down" holding them for 10 seconds. That is also from the phone being powered off. My Thrive hasn't been stock in quite some time.:p

Thank you. I tried a soft factory reset and it did seem to act like a new phone; however, the CWM recovery was still there the next time I powered on while pressing Home+Volume Up+Power. Are you sure about the factory reset button sequence?

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I tried a soft factory reset and it did seem to act like a new phone; however, the CWM recovery was still there the next time I powered on while pressing Home+Volume Up+Power. Are you sure about the factory reset button sequence?

Fairly positive. But that's with the stock recovery installed. It was overwritten when you flashed CWM.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid