Stock VM/Moto Rom/Zip?

tmadijimmy

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, worked perfectly. Thank you so much!
Help, I have been following you with ayanami. My problem is after rooting and Titanium, I started to freeze several VM apps. Upon rebooting my Triumph recycles between the Motorola icon and the VM icon. I have installed the CWM. How do I use your recovery or Nan Backup to undo I mess. I would appreciate some help since I am a novice at this. Thanks.

barnito

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
extract that zip to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup on the sd and look for mounts in CWM. First format system, data, cache, and dalvik cache, then under the recovery options select the Stock_Triumph_1980-01-06.00.00.34 folder, and it will restore a never powered on backup of the stock rom.

Last edited:

tmadijimmy

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok-- worked like gangbusters. The phone booted all the way to the original vm screen. I rerooted, installed titanium, backed up and created a new update. I will stay away from the freeze app option since this resulted in an inappropriate boot. Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.

ayanami

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
put that zip on the root of the sd and look for the recovery options in CWM. first format system, data, cache, and dalvik cache under the mounts, then under the recovery select this ZIP file

Ah, I used the restore from backup, but I had to have the files in the CWM folder. Still worked perfectly though.

barnito

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
extract that zip to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup on the sd and look for mounts in CWM. First format system, data, cache, and dalvik cache, then under the recovery options select the Stock_Triumph_1980-01-06.00.00.34 folder, and it will restore a never powered on backup of the stock rom.

Ah, I used the restore from backup, but I had to have the files in the CWM folder. Still worked perfectly though.

Last edited:

barnito

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stock VM/Moto Rom/Zip? UPDATE!!

100% stock Nandroid Backup

CWM 4.0.1.4 Triumph

Stock Recovery

make sure you install the CWM by going into fastboot (vol - and power on) Hook up usb, then drop the recovery.img in the folder on the MOBILE drive.

Extract that zip to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup on the sd and look for mounts in CWM. First format system, data, cache, and dalvik cache, then under the recovery options select the Stock_Triumph_1980-01-06.00.00.34 folder, and it will restore a never powered on backup of the stock rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: vet3shaws

metalman1884

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stock VM/Moto Rom/Zip? UPDATE!!

Thank you so much bartino! i deleted one of the system files by accident that caused market to crash and i couldn't install anything since i havent installed a file explorer app... factory reset didn't bring the file back. Stock ROM worked like a charm
thanks again :)

hamaru

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I'm a new member as you can tell. If anyone is there. Can you hellp me on how to get back on STOCK please? I screwed up :/ I'm scared to take any further steps in. Please help me ?

coherentmedia

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
My phone started acting up after its 1-year warranty was up - of course - and it seems the OS is corrupt, but I can't send it back to VM. I've tried the reset, no joy, and am hoping to reinstall to stock and retain my VM number and service. Currently, having a bunch of wonky errors, although I can make calls. Am I correct in assuming (always dangerous) that after reinstalling the stock OS I will be able to re-activate my phone with Virgin and keep continuing my service?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz