Storage full while installing 3rd party apps

Gooogl3man

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I have a phone with android 6.0.1 (Samsung galaxy J5, rooted) and I use my sd card as adopted storage, default storage is set to SD card. I can install any app from Google Play store but I can't install any downloaded apks. It always says storage full, even tho the app is like few megabites and I have more than gig free on my internal and 25 gig free on SD card.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a phone with android 6.0.1 (Samsung galaxy J5, rooted) and I use my sd card as adopted storage, default storage is set to SD card. I can install any app from Google Play store but I can't install any downloaded apks. It always says storage full, even tho the app is like few megabites and I have more than gig free on my internal and 25 gig free on SD card.
So you have downloaded apps from other sources outside of Google Play and are trying to install those? If you managed to download the apps, then the installation would still fail as not enough storage because the apk's are actually larger files when installed. Think of them as a .zip file.

I would recommend only downloading apps from the Play Store.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly