Strange caller ID bugging me...

Ed_Strong

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I hope I'm in the right section asking!
Samsung S23 on XMo with latest updates
I keep getting this caller that only displays a "+" sign for "caller name" and only a "+" sign for "caller number" and nothing else, no location, no area code, nothing!
It is very annoying as I can't tell if it's the same caller or different callers using the same tactic. I've reported it to no avail.
Searching Google or this forums have turned nothing either.
I've tried calling it back a few times, and all I get is a Timing Wheel spinning saying "USSD code running" next to it, and after about 20 seconds it stops and I get another message reading "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
It’s most likely a caller ID spoofing where the caller is sending what shows on your phone on the incoming call so you won’t really know what the real number is they also do this with random numbers as well as sometimes numbers close to your telephone number or friends contacts

Reactions: J Dubbs

Ed_Strong

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty much what I was thinking, but was wondering why no one else seems to have seen or heard about this issue. I couldn't find any one else reporting or talking about it.
My phone is not flagging the caller as suspicious or fraud either even after reporting it.