Strange issue with Themes

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
While I was playing with other launchers I downloaded and installed an Icon Pack from the Galaxy Store.

Since then, I have uninstalled the launchers and the icon pack.

However, the icon pack still shows up in certain places, mainly Settings (attached images).

I have cleared cache/data on:

OneUI
Galaxy Themes

I even rebooted and they still appear.

Screenshot_20230228_094020_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230228_093958_Settings.jpg

The normal icons have a blue background which is part of the Icon Pack and you can see some Samsung Icons looking like they are themed.

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app. This is not a potato.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Found it! This worked, thanks for that.

• Tap on Settings
  • Tap on Themes (will take you to the Galaxy Store)
  • Open the Menu
  • Tap on My stuff
  • Tap on Icons (or other themed elements)
  • Choose Default
  • Tap on Apply

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting that this happened because I Uninstalled the Theme, but it stayed.

Go figure.

Uninstalling the theme probably didn't overwrite the system icon, well, system-wise (think of a Windows icon ZIP; it contains all the icon pictures, but then the OS writes each file into the app's files, so you can delete the ZIP and your icons remain).

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Uninstalling the theme probably didn't overwrite the system icon, well, system-wise (think of a Windows icon ZIP; it contains all the icon pictures, but then the OS writes each file into the app's files, so you can delete the ZIP and your icons remain).

I really do know better... just... today has been a non-stop work day that started 2.5 hours before I was supposed to start. lol (being On-Call kinda sucks)