Strange SMS Issues

Chazdiesel

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 4 had been working great for a few weeks. All of a sudden the last 2 evenings about the same time, my SMS starts acting up. Messages get hung in the sending status. Some are actually delivered and still show sending. Yesterday the issue cleared up about 11 PM after starting about 6PM. Same time today for the issue to start. I am on Wifi and have data. I also have a network connection and data without Wifi. Just this strange behavior with texting. On ATT. I also have a Lumia which is working fine. This Nexus has had no issues other than this. I'm really puzzled that the issue clears during the day and starts up every evening. Only recent App change was an update to Smooth Calendar.

Any ideas? I'm thinking since it's happened recently at the same time it's network issue. Maybe a tower issue. Any ideas or help appreciated.

pugnuttt

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
The exact same thing is happening to me. It also started hapening on my previous phone an htc sensation 4g. I thought it was the fault of my carrier(T-Mobile) so when I got this phone and it wasn't happening I assumed it was my previous phone. Now it's happening again! It also turns my sms messages into mms messages. I have been all through the settings and I can't fix it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be a temporary thing regardless of provider.

My phone has been functioning properly since I originally posted.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Simple Mobile