Strange white 'dot' on left hand side of screen only when using Chrome

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
I recently got a new phone and have noticed something weird. This only happens when using Chrome. I've attached a link to a screenshot of the white dot in the upper left hand corner of the screen. It happens very seldom. Like maybe once a day. I can make it appear by switching the theme of Chrome from dark to light then back to dark. As soon as I open a new tab or close Chrome it disappears altogether. It's not a dead pixel I don't think. So what is it? Just a minor glitch with Chrome? I'm using a Motorola phone running Android 10 for reference. Link:

https://ibb.co/X5ySwwC

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it only happen when you switch the theme from dark to light to dark again? If so, then I'd agree it's probably a little glitch -- send feedback to Google about it.

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
Does it only happen when you switch the theme from dark to light to dark again? If so, then I'd agree it's probably a little glitch -- send feedback to Google about it.

It also happens randomly when I switch from something with a light themed background back to my dark themed Chrome. It's strange. I'm almost certain it's software related though. It never happens in any other apps with dark theme enabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej