Stubborn iphone user here switched to s7, All good? No..

coolkenny13

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
hello hello. so i switched from an iphone 5 after 4 year to an s7 edge. i decided to go big or get lost. i spent a week choosing the colour and settling on a case. i finally got the phone. played with it a bit for a while but i realised something amiss. the screen i believe has a damn yellow tint or hue to it. i tried googling for answers but seems like it's not a common issue. i really don't want to go back to the iphone. i converted, and i want to stay here

if i remember correctly - the countless reviews that i watched and the few minutes that i got to play with the display units, all had good whites. I'm coming from an iphone. so the whites are more cooler and proper white while here the whites are yellow and really ruins my experience. i tried changing the display modes but didn't work.

here are some pictures, but i guess you can't really tell because for some reason when i transfer them to the computer they look white i think..

Screenshot_20160501-235209.jpgScreenshot_20160501-235228.jpgScreenshot_20160501-235248.jpg

but here you will get a better idea. i clicked the picture of the phone through my iphone.. please tell me if there is a setting that i missed?

FullSizeRender (1).jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Look at Settings / Display / Screen mode and try one of the other settings.

But screens, both LCD and AMOLED so sometimes vary. If it's really a problem, and you're still within your return period, ask to see a different sample of the phone to compare.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Return the phone for a new replacement while you still can. You don't want to get stuck with a phone you're not satisfied with.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1st, go to menu>Settings>display>screen mode. Check what mode you are on. Basic gives a yellow tinge to the screen. This makes it more color accurate under sunlight, but under artificial lighting, like a fluorescent light, the yellow tinge is more noticeable. Try putting it in one of the AMOLED modes, or into Adaptive Display.

If that doesn't work, take it back for replacement as a defective unit.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I suggests send it back as well. You shouldn't be given a problem through the retailer. But if you are, then go through Samsung directly.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Agree with exchanging it for a better unit. The S7 Edge has literally the most accurate amoled screen out there, so if you have one that is inaccurate then it'd count as defective.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
i tried this chanchan.. didn't work

I think it looks alright. From the pictures it looks white enough. Placing it beside an iPhone does make it seem quite yellow. I've tried it. That's only because the whites on the iPhone are way bluer than they should be. Theyre the opposites.

Put your display mode in Cinema.
And I'd suggest you go compare your display with one in the store. You will most probably find no differences.

It happened to me as well when I switched. But now when I see an iPhone it looks extra blue.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Agree with exchanging it for a better unit. The S7 Edge has literally the most accurate amoled screen out there, so if you have one that is inaccurate then it'd count as defective.

This... the S7's display is extremely good; accurate, bright. If you are seeing one with janky colors, it's defective. The iPhone 5 had a really good display (especially for its day), but it isn't really in the S7's league.

Magnetic_dud

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My nexus 5x, in developer options (hidden menu which must be unlocked), has an option "use a colder white point" (my phone is not in English, don't know the exact translation), and if i enable, the screen white becomes much less yellow.

Maybe also the s7 has an option like that?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My nexus 5x, in developer options (hidden menu which must be unlocked), has an option "use a colder white point" (my phone is not in English, don't know the exact translation), and if i enable, the screen white becomes much less yellow.

Maybe also the s7 has an option like that?
Adaptive display has a colder white than basic or the other 2 options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tumi