Stuck on Attention screen

Bob Heitzman

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Using Check Point Mobile VPN app which worked a month ago. 4.3 installed on Galaxy 7

When I try to connect using the app I get an Attention popup screen and a checkbox for "I trust this application." Problem is I can't check the box! It appears to be enabled not no amount of banging on the screen checks the box. OK is disabled and Cancel works fine.

I uninstalled the app, rebooted, and reinstalled - no joy.

I'm guessing this Attention screen is coming from the OS. I have avast! Mobile Security installed but the screen doesn't indicate the message is from avast!.

Any ideas?

matthiash

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

not sure why it happens since Android 4.3. but the issue is caused by other apps, like a screen overlay (auto dimmer, glovebox and similar apps)
Once they are disabled you should be able to use the tickbox again no problem.

Hope they can fix the cause in updates to the overlay apps.

Matt

Bob Heitzman

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
As you noted it was another app (Lux Dash) that had its hooks into the display. Lux Settings, Sleep and adding Mobile VPN did the trick. Android(?) blocked the approval to trust the app. If this was intentional it would be nice if there were a message to some sort to the user.

Brandon Fredrickson

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey Matt,
I know it's been quite a while since you posted this but do you mind taking a look to see which of my apps could be causing this problem? I looked into all of their settings but to no avail, I still could not tick the notification box within Speed VPN even after fooling with other app's settings. I've uploaded pictures of screenshots showing what apps are installed on my phone, and it would be much appreciated if you take a look to see what could be the cause of this annoyance! (The little construction worker sticking to the side of the screen is part of the app called NQ Booster)

imgur (dot) com/a/MB5T6 (The forums won't let me include links due to me making less than 10 posts, which is the reason for the (dot) com)

Brandon

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy