Stylus not working.

MattS822

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I was getting the black screen problem so I disconnected all of the cables from the battery and this solved that issue but a new one has started. My spens won't work. I have tried both the original spen and my Bamboo stylus. The tablet recognizes that the spen has been detached and the button on the stylus will open the short cut to SNote and the notepad. It will not write, will not open apps. Basically on the screen it has no input. My fingers work fine on the screen so I:can get around. I am going to open it back up tonight and see if I see anything not connected but am hoping it is a setting or something that I am missing. I have restarted it and taken it out of it's case but that didn't do any good. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The S Pen has it's own screen layer. This is why your finger works and the S Pen doesn't... they're separate layers. I'm surprised that you can still launch S Note if the layer is bad though. When you disconnected the cables, you may not have seated them correctly. You'll need to go back in and make sure they're seated well. No need to force anything, just make sure everything is lined up and secure. Be extra careful not to break the cable connectors locks.

As far as I know, there is no way to enable/disable the S Pen layer in any settings. As for the Bamboo Stylus, it won't work on the tablet as it's non magnetic. A while back I tested my Bamboo stylus and it wouldn't work either.

By the way, the battery only has one cable. It's the one in the center with the red, green and black wires. You shouldn't have had to touch the other two cables sitting on either side of the battery cable to solve the black screen issue... well, not usually, anyways.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I was getting the black screen problem so I disconnected all of the cables from the battery and this solved that issue but a new one has started. My spens won't work. I have tried both the original spen and my Bamboo stylus. The tablet recognizes that the spen has been detached and the button on the stylus will open the short cut to SNote and the notepad.
S pen detection has nothing to do with writing, the switch on the slot will pop open when you're removing the pen and mainboard will detect the pen has been detached.

IMG_0617.jpg

In this picture, the S pen flex cable is on the right and touchscreen is on the left. If you removed this cable and reconnected it, probably it's has not been fully inserted to the connector. S pen flex cable is from LCD, that's why touchscreen and S pen rarely fail at the same time unless you connect both cables incorrectly. S Pen flex cable is thinner and more difficult to connect than touchscreen cable, the line on the cable should align with the one on mainboard, otherwise the cable is not fully inserted.
Any way, you only need to reseat the LCD cable, which is on the right side of USB charging port flex cable, to fix the black screen due to loose connection, other cables disconnection are not necessary and not relevant to the black display.
IMG_0616.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay