Stylus pens...

Cretz

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Any of you plan on getting a stylus pen for your Xoom? I'd like one for taking notes. Its more comfortable and cheaper than buying a Bluetooth Keyboard.

pnstalum

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I would like to, for note taking during meetings etc. Does anyone know if the Boxwave capacitive stylus for ipad would work? Also are their any note taking apps with decent handwriting recognition?

I was in a meeting a couple weeks ago with a vendor that used an ipad, he was taking notes using this stylus and some handwriting recognition app... I didn't have a chance to ask what it was. Maybe someone with an ipad could help out.

Thanks!

Cretz

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Im by no means an artist but id like one. Are ipad pens compatible? Because there are some on ebay for a few dollars.

thegunslinger1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Im by no means an artist but id like one. Are ipad pens compatible? Because there are some on ebay for a few dollars.

Yes they are. I got a Targus one for ipad from Best Buy, worked great, I then picked up some cheap replacements on ebay, they had foam tips. Those were crap but they still work fine, I just didn't like the size or feel of them. Ebay is fine, just find the ones with the rubber tips.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a stylus and it works with my xoom and my fascinate. It is sold by Verizon and it is made by Griffon. 19.99 and worth it for simple notes on a drawing program. Has a soft rubbery tip, it is weighty enough to work well balanced in my hand, and even looks cool in black. I don't know that much about it, but I know that it is sold at my VZW store.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
There is a program called DrawFree that works well for hand writing notes and drawing. So far it's the only program I found that is "quick" enough to pick up on hand writing. The others I tried were weird as when I went to write say the letter "T", as soon I was done with writing it, the program was still drawing it out.

Don't expect it to pick up on you trying to make a period (.) or dotting an i, it does not pick up on a tap for some reason and I found that with all of the drawing programs.

Reactions: armedtank

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I think they mean what app works for taking notes etc etc...

It's called DrawFree. You probably don't want to take a load of notes on it, just some formula work really. It limits you to an image of the size of the screen before you ahve to wipe the screen and start a new image. You can save it rather quickly though, so going through and grabbing images and saving them, then clearing, starting a new one, and stuff like that is fast enough for me though.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a stylus and it works with my xoom and my fascinate. It is sold by Verizon and it is made by Griffon. 19.99 and worth it for simple notes on a drawing program. Has a soft rubbery tip, it is weighty enough to work well balanced in my hand, and even looks cool in black. I don't know that much about it, but I know that it is sold at my VZW store.

Is it the blunt edged one? I am looking for more of a point to make it seem more like writing.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly