Suggestions for my new android phone

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I have been an android user for about three years, starting with the HTC Shift and then the Evo Design. I am currently looking at a new upgrade through Sprint and I am looking for suggestions from some of the more advanced users.

I am thinking about an s3, an s4 or a HTC one. I am not opposed to a different smart phone which is why I am hear asking for help. My wife has an s3 and really likes it but I can?t justify an s4 as from what I have heard it?s more of a software update than hardware and for that amount of money I could bump up to a 32 GB S3.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I have been an android user for about three years, starting with the HTC Shift and then the Evo Design. I am currently looking at a new upgrade through Sprint and I am looking for suggestions from some of the more advanced users.

I am thinking about an s3, an s4 or a HTC one. I am not opposed to a different smart phone which is why I am hear asking for help. My wife has an s3 and really likes it but I can?t justify an s4 as from what I have heard it?s more of a software update than hardware and for that amount of money I could bump up to a 32 GB S3.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I wouod then suggest the One due to you are already used to HTC software. The S4 is an upgrade, just not if you already have the S3...

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My wife has an s3 and really likes it but I can?t justify an s4 as from what I have heard it?s more of a software update than hardware and for that amount of money I could bump up to a 32 GB S3.
Well, all software except for the processor, RAM, camera, display and touch panel, but who uses any of those, anyway. ;)

I agree that buying an S4 without a carrier subsidy if you already own an S3 probably isn't worth it, but if you're getting them with a new contract the superior hardware is the best reason to get an S4 over an S3.

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, all software except for the processor, RAM, camera, display and touch panel, but who uses any of those, anyway. ;)

I agree that buying an S4 without a carrier subsidy if you already own an S3 probably isn't worth it, but if you're getting them with a new contract the superior hardware is the best reason to get an S4 over an S3.

So would you still recommend the S4 over the HTC one? I do have an upgrade so cost isn't a determining factor for me.

vito032

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've never used or handled a htc one. But I just got a S4 last week. And Its amazing! You'll not be disappointed if you get one. Just the camera and the different modes for it are worth it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

tre flip

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Its all personal preference. Ive used the sense ui on htc phones and used samsung touch ui. try them both and see what you like. I traded my htc dna in for a galaxy s4 and love it. Also have the Note 2 on another line. all samsung for me. hope this helps. good luck

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So would you still recommend the S4 over the HTC one? I do have an upgrade so cost isn't a determining factor for me.
IMO, it boils down to your storage, camera and sound needs. In reality these two phones are very close when it comes to hardware specs so unless you have some specific preference when it comes to the screen, materials or button layout you'll have to consider how you'll want to use it. There isn't one that's clearly better that the other.

Storage wise, from what I can tell on Sprint, the only versions available are the 16GB S4 and the 32GB One. So if 16GB is enough, then either will work. If you want/need 32GB then the One is probably better unless something else is a deal breaker. If you want/need more than 32GB and are OK using a micro SD card then the S4 is better. If they seem like a wash on paper then checking them out in the store is probably best. If it's a wash at that point it seems like you get a little more for the money hardware wise with the One if you ignore the software features of the S4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMY2024