Superboot Method for 2.3.2 (GRH78C)

anndrewww

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The Superboot root method boot.img for 2.3.2 is now live thanks to Paul over at Android @ MoDaCo.

"Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no need to use ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!"

Using Superboot

- Download the zip file and extract
- Connect Nexus S via USB cable (with debugging enabled - Settings->Applications->Development->Check "USB Debuggging")
- Boot into bootloader mode - (Turn on while holding 'volume up')

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'

- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'

- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'

*Again, All credit goes to Paul at Android @ MoDaCo*

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
sounds what i have been looking for, will the SD card be wiped?....will anything be wiped at that? thanks

Id like to know this also.

Are the NS drivers included in this package? I had trouble getting them to install to root my buddies NS the first time and for this second time he is luckily still on 2.3.2 and i deleted the drivers like an idiot, so im hoping, and praying here... :p

TDR

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The superboot script itself doesn't execute 'fastboot oem unlock', which will wipe everything including USB storage. Though I think if you want to use superboot, you need to unlock first.

Alternatively with 2.3.2, you can boot straight into ClockworkMod without unlocking (as in this xda post), then flash the superuser files.