Superuser; CWM

ruh-roh-raggy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Been doing some research about Superuser and ClockworkMod Recovery. More questions...
1. How many Superuser apps are there, anyway? :confused: I used Cyber Warrior's guide when I unlocked & rooted. In that guide, he mentions using Paul O'Brien's Superuser app. In the Google Play store, the Superuser app is listed from ChainsDD. Does it matter? Just curious because of the threads with questions from folks not being able to root or losing root pre- and post-4.0.4.

Is there a site where we can check to see if there has been any update to Mr. O'Brien's Superuser app? It appears that when folks recently updated to 4.0.4, there were problems w/root, resulting in a link for an updated Superuser file ... was that Mr. O'Brien's and is that now in the unlock/root guide?

2. CWM Recovery - several of the experienced users here have said touch recovery is much better. Seems there are at least a couple of versions, if not more; one being from CWM, another as I recall was referenced by 2defmouze from another source. Does it matter? As I understand it, a nandroid made with regular CWM Recovery can't be used if you have changed to touch recovery?

Sorry, my OCD is trying to get a grip on all these "stuffs" cuz it don't like to get boxed into a corner. :-\

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Been doing some research about Superuser and ClockworkMod Recovery. More questions...
1. How many Superuser apps are there, anyway? :confused: I used Cyber Warrior's guide when I unlocked & rooted. In that guide, he mentions using Paul O'Brien's Superuser app. In the Google Play store, the Superuser app is listed from ChainsDD. Does it matter? Just curious because of the threads with questions from folks not being able to root or losing root pre- and post-4.0.4.

Is there a site where we can check to see if there has been any update to Mr. O'Brien's Superuser app? It appears that when folks recently updated to 4.0.4, there were problems w/root, resulting in a link for an updated Superuser file ... was that Mr. O'Brien's and is that now in the unlock/root guide?

2. CWM Recovery - several of the experienced users here have said touch recovery is much better. Seems there are at least a couple of versions, if not more; one being from CWM, another as I recall was referenced by 2defmouze from another source. Does it matter? As I understand it, a nandroid made with regular CWM Recovery can't be used if you have changed to touch recovery?

Sorry, my OCD is trying to get a grip on all these "stuffs" cuz it don't like to get boxed into a corner. :-\

Regarding your second question, I'm currently using TWRP. It's quicker and the interface is simpler and more straightforward; you can flash it using CWM as well.

For backups, the nandroids made with CWM are incompatible with TWRP. However, backups made on the "normal," "non-touch" CWM are fully compatible with the touch CWM. TWRP makes backups much quicker than CWM does, so I certainly enjoyed that feature.

Reactions: ruh-roh-raggy

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy