Swipe left at home does not show google Now

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Kit kat 4.4.2

I have google Now turned on but swiping left at home shows nothing (empty screen)

Does anyone get that to work?

Thanks.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You need to have the Google Experience Launcher. You can sideload it but it's only on the N5 by default

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
try swiping UP from home, if I understand what you're saying, that works for me without GEL

That's the standard way of bringing up Google Now--pressing and holding Home until you see an arc with the Google logo appear, then swiping up. The OP is asking about how on the N5 you can swipe from the left to bring in the Google Now page. It's specific to the N5 on KitKat. You can try to install it on other devices running KitKat (there are various articles that describe how to install the Google Experience Launcher, as mentioned by UJ95x), but I've read of various minor glitches when you install it on non-N5 devices.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That's the standard way of bringing up Google Now--pressing and holding Home until you see an arc with the Google logo appear, then swiping up. The OP is asking about how on the N5 you can swipe from the left to bring in the Google Now page. It's specific to the N5 on KitKat. You can try to install it on other devices running KitKat (there are various articles that describe how to install the Google Experience Launcher, as mentioned by UJ95x), but I've read of various minor glitches when you install it on non-N5 devices.

I have GEL on my Nexus 7 and it works fine. (There are various places you can download it and install it on the Nexus.)

I can swipe left and it pulls up Google Now.